"Type Beat" Promo? (Yay or Nay)

EsquireMusic111

Head of Production/Trilogy Sound Studios
Battle Points: 122
First off! Happy New Years fellow producers and creators. My question and topic that I want to bring up is that of using certain "Type" beats to promo a new sound you created. I have noticed that many of the videos uploaded on YouTube and Soundcloud that have a better majority traffic are those titled "So-and-So Type Beat". Is this a better approach to take in advertising your sounds, or does this take away from the originality that you are pushing for in promoting your sounds?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I think the reason why they get more traffic is because they put the genre in the title or description, which is picked up by search engines of course. It could also be people that are searching for those genres of beats, for example.

From a marketing perspective, it's great. But I've always been a strong believer in just being original so that you stand out from the rest.

It's like if you browse a site that sells beats. You'll see tons of them that all have the same title, description and sound. There's nothing original about that.

jerome1334

Adlib Professional
Depends...I think it is the most effective way of marketing beats to sell to people who aren't famous or already somewhat established. Every rapper that isn't so and so wants to be so and so. I agree it takes away from your originality and if you make beats going "I'm going to make a beat that J. Cole would rap on" you're just copying a style that has already been done.

Maybe a healthy mix of both? idk

EsquireMusic111

Head of Production/Trilogy Sound Studios
Battle Points: 122
I think the reason why they get more traffic is because they put the genre in the title or description, which is picked up by search engines of course. It could also be people that are searching for those genres of beats, for example.

From a marketing perspective, it's great. But I've always been a strong believer in just being original so that you stand out from the rest.

It's like if you browse a site that sells beats. You'll see tons of them that all have the same title, description and sound. There's nothing original about that.

Thanks for the response. Posting tracks up with that can add that extra push, like you said in this post. Do you feel that can be used as a desperate approach in getting numbers up?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah I think that's exactly what a lot of them do. Just like with getting your Twitter follows up, people will post stupid stuff just to go viral.