UGK's Pimp C found dead in hotel room

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
^^cosign 100%, its just crazy. You have to ask yourself how many of us have to die before we realize what the problem is and correct it. It's everywhere from coast to coast. We ALL need to wake the *&^% up.

And another thing..The mofo's that left those insensitive comments on the article need their arses kicked..
That "thug mentality" is so wack...I could see it if people were still fist fighting these days and one mofo was kicking everybodys arse then he could be "king of all thugs" but that ish is history now... any and everybody is strapped just in case of a confrontation. There are NO winners! You can be the baddest mofo on the planet with an empty spot where your head used to be (some thug you are now !?!?!). Fug that! Let's make LIFE a valuable asset again.

MOF

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
^^cosign 100%, its just crazy. You have to ask yourself how many of us have to die before we realize what the problem is and correct it. It's everywhere from coast to coast. We ALL need to wake the *&^% up.

And another thing..The mofo's that left those insensitive comments on the article need their arses kicked..
That "thug mentality" is so wack...I could see it if people were still fist fighting these days and one mofo was kicking everybodys arse then he could be "king of all thugs" but that ish is history now... any and everybody is strapped just in case of a confrontation. There are NO winners! You can be the baddest mofo on the planet with an empty spot where your head used to be (some thug you are now !?!?!). Fug that! Let's make LIFE a valuable asset again.

MOF

Amen brother! Shitz so whack right now that I don't go to my freakin' door without my glock in hand.
I'm riding shotgun with the misses doing Christmas shopping because dudes is snatching purses like it was the 80's. I swear I don't want to have to bust somebody but I will for my fam. I don't like living like this at all! Shit is not cool.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Thats whats up, I kept my ish in the car too, then I took it back in the house to avoid ever pulling it, then I thought that was a bad move if somebody tries to really get ill so now it's back in car. Its like you are damned if you do, damned if you don't. I'm tellin ya, you can't even breathe without knowing for sure that you got some back up if ish starts jumping off. This is the season right now for fools to act stupid too.

Growing up in DC has taught me that you are never safe, no matter where you are. There's somebody out there that wants what you got and will test you for it. I remember my first trip to NYC, the thing back then was...a cat would come up to you and ask you for change for a 100 dollar bill, if you paused or even flinched for a second your arse was jacked right there. I saw a cat use a taser to jack an old lady, they made those availiable to the public to stop cats from jacking and damn if they didn't turn that ish around.

With the value of life meaning nothing these days, I'm thinking the next personal protection device is gonna be a small nuclear device that will take you, the jacker and everybody within a 3 block radius out. Damn!

MOF

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
mobsters are on roll, didnt they shoot some award winning latina aswell today who just lost her 2 friends on a shooting too ?

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 179
This has been a really fucked up year.

Pimp C is one of them emcees that was built for the mic. He wasnt super lyrical and he didnt have to be cuz every word he spoke stuck to the listener. His whole style was one of a kind. And he could sing and produce with classics under his belt. He was like an all around artist.

I really wanted to work with Pimp C one day.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
why is gang and mafia type shit running so rapid in Hip Hop? Everybody's either affiliated with a known gang or some type of underground "unorganized" African American Mafia type shit.

Dudes need to understand that "blood in blood out" and these other codes the gangs and mafia types live by is not just a "cool slogan". When there's money involved you will be killed!

I'm not saying this is what happen to Pimp but he made it known he was in that rap-a-lot mafia b.s. and he made 2 state full of enemies when he made those dumb as comments about GA. and FL not being in the south after we held him down while he was locked up. Dudes now a days take everything literally so that was a very bad move for him. We're going to kill black music before it's all over. Even got Jay Z signing gang dudes to hold him down in the streets and handle his beef. Dudes that won't sell 10k records worldwide. Just a legal way to put them fuckers on the pay roll! That sign on money is nothing but blood money!

Dudes on utube doing videos with military grade weapons screaming out "black mafia" and shit....ignorant ass shit forreal.

It's because there is no code to the streets these days. Back in the 80's - early 90's, everything was separate and none of those clicks mixed. If you was an athlete or musician, you would stay in your lane - the most important thing is when an athlete or musician tried to kick it with street dudes, the street dude would tell him "You need to be at practice, or you need to be rehearsing, get out of here"

Nowadays, the lines are blurred - most rappers were NOT raised in the hood, but street dudes latch on to them because they see the rapper as a meal ticket and a way to a better life.

Rap-A-Lot Mafia is very real inTexas, I don't have a problem with people claiming where they're from or whatever - but a lotta these dudes are fake and surrounded by Yes-men
so they can live out a fantasy until the real catches up with them.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
I'm kinda down about this bad news -

Since this is a hip hop production site, it's my duty to make sure y'all know that Pimp Chad was one of the most under-rated producers the hip hop game has ever seen.

He wasn't just the lesser half of UGK.
He arranged all the music, handled all production, and came up with most of the concepts for UGK when they recorded.

For all you youngsters and guys overseas who might have first heard of Pimp C on International Players Anthem:

Please go buy, download, or steal Ridin Dirty and listen to a masterpiece.

The hip hop media in general is slippin on their lack of coverage on this one.

I'm sure dudes like Classic and a few others on the site that grew up down south know full well how important UGK is to game and how influential they were to this crop of MC's that came up.

The only good thing is that he died after performing with his "Rap O.G." Too Short, if I was gonna pick a way to go out , then that would be fitting.

R.I.P.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
My top witnessed performances of all time!

UGK-them country boyz just spit it song after song after song
Whoodini- Green Eyed Geni...nuff said
Rakim- only mf I've seen that brought a stole to the stage sat down and str8 rip'd it
Busta Rhymes- got in the sound mans ass for 15 minutes because he didn't have his levels or eq right then proceeded to kill the show from start to finish
Scareface- of my God! Voice just on fire while spittin' some classics

It's a shame some of the new catz will never get to witness "Greatness"

members online