Uk Hip Hop

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
i assume most of you geezers are from thre USA, have you heard much of the scence in britain (bar Roots Manuva), and what do you think of it, and....Anglo/American collaborations, do they work???

DjDelay

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
HA! You from Leeds, me too.

Yeah i think anglo/american collabos work, but i aint a fan of UK hiphop too much. It seems to me that for every 10 uk hiphop songs released only one of them is a REAL banger and the rest are just dodgy london wannabe american style MC's rapping over weak beats

Maybe i've haven't been listening to the right stuff but one reason i hiphop from uk isn't selling its because its called "UK HIPHOP". Thats like segregating just from the name, making you think "aw, this must be different from regualr hiphop".

My 2 pence

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
i hear you mate, but their are some proper stomping albums, par example, SKITZ- Countryman is a comp, but blatantly is a showcase of UK talent, JEHST- Return of the Drifter- our lad from leeds and more PHI-LI etc, but i know what you mean about the 9 wack to every 1 banger, it is purely the rapping that sucks tho i think, the beats, i like, as they are BASSLINE driven, as opposed to bass on the kicks or just your underlying bass, IMO hip hop is about the bass, it isnt like traditional rock music, where the bass plays second fiddle to the guitar. The bass is the driving force, (along with the hi-hats) Peace...

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
theres sum talent but it aint really bein heard . phi-life cypher are sikkkk tho. most of da uk stuff unfortunately 2 is rubbish! nuff newbies now tink dey can rap

K

Kid_$olo

you wanna hear uk hiphop at it's best....get ahold of the album by moorish delta 7....some heavy production and good flows.... best UK hiphop by far...this is very much up there with our peeps from across the water.

Kid $olo:dance:

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
roots manuva kicks ass.. join the dots.. dreamy days..

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
yea theres is sum kewl stuff about like root manuva in the UK but its still really underground ! theres also a lot of garbage around but maybe now dizzy rascal has got a certain amount of mainstream acceptance with the mecury music award etc it mite pave the way for the scene to expand !

J-UK

Um........
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Theres so much good stuff if you can get it. Check out www.suspect-packages.com to buy stuff and listen to snippets of tracks and you can also get some good stuff from amazon. Check for names like Kyza, Taskforce, Klashnekoff, Yungun, Lewis Parker, Jehst, Out Da Ville, Phi Life, Cappo, Harry Love, MK and more.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
I also like the brotherhood but dont think they're active since a long time..

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Originally posted by DjDelay
hiphop from uk isn't selling its because its called "UK HIPHOP". Thats like segregating just from the name, making you think "aw, this must be different from regualr hiphop".

Na man... "West Coast Hip Hop" "Dirty South Hip Hop" "Murder Hip Hop" "Rock Rap"... All of themz is biiiiggg now... Before people thought they would never blow.... Also... Remember Slick Rick...

ToneEsharp

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
phi-life cypher Rocks! I heard him rap on that Clint eastwood (Gurilla's track) damn he killed it!! "my stylistics laungastics turn fools into statstics, I am a lyrical mischief with a sadistic charactaristic" plus Craig David a song pop songs with song PHat hiphop beat like "Whats your flava" I live in the US, si UK must be doing there thing some where cause i have heard of them

members online