Ummm, not for nuthin but.......

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
def do and someone point out the talent in his voice he hits the same note in ever song can never go any higher or lower hes just so monotone

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
akon is fuckin wack. ask any real singer, theyll tell you. he has as much talent as britney spears. duh idiots. its called vocal processing. they can fuckin make me sound great. :shakes head in dissapointment:

HAHA at this thread, damn they even made it sound like the Spice Girls could actually sing.
Vocal Processing is the "In Thing". Fuck that shit, the industry needs some raw talent. As for Nate Dogg, I think hes good. Its rare for me to hear something hes on thats crap. I did fall for the Akon trick with his first album. Which was pretty good. Then came Lonely, after that he lost any respect I might have had for him. He can stay lonely for all I care. What happened to Artists like Aaron Hall & Alfonzo Hunter & Maxwell etc.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
What happened to Artists like Aaron Hall & Alfonzo Hunter & Maxwell etc.

In the words of Classic......... CHUUUUUUCH!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Maxwell is a great singer/songwriter. He needs to be on MTV and shit, not dumbe blonde chicks shavin there heads,,,,

Word!!!
And the damn pitch correction/vocorder thing is Waaaayy overdone..These things are only cool when they are in a few songs..Not every song every 5 minutes on the rdio..

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
it ain't hot.

he sounds like a screachin puppy stuck in a blender with lemon juice.

Akon's music >>>>>> You

Me too I hate his voice, but on some song it's pretty listenable. But man, he makes his own beats and write his own thing and sing his own thing. Even if I don't like his singing too much, I just have to like the dude cuz his hustle is probably the biggest hustle in a long time. Plus he's selling mad records in a era where it's hard as hell.

His production his pretty good, I dl his album to hear the beats and they are hot. Most of the song he produces on other people's album are a lot of the time the best song on the record

Agent Smith

IllMuzik Junkie
ill o.g.
i agree that incredible hustle is respectable...but whenever there are conversations like this, i always say the same thing: ability to hustle does not equal musical talent. 50 cent...hustled his ass off...maybe had some raw shit in the beginning, but you'll never see him on any "greatest mc" lists. i can think of other rappers that are in this category...they are respectable when it comes to their hustle but not in their actual talent since it is most likely marginal to decent.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
i agree that incredible hustle is respectable...but whenever there are conversations like this, i always say the same thing: ability to hustle does not equal musical talent. 50 cent...hustled his ass off...maybe had some raw shit in the beginning, but you'll never see him on any "greatest mc" lists. i can think of other rappers that are in this category...they are respectable when it comes to their hustle but not in their actual talent since it is most likely marginal to decent.

Like Stetsasonic..

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
akon's particular "sound" is one thats popular in reggae and has been for years. not sure why they like ugly sounding singers in dancehall, but to each his own.

LOL word I fuckin hated Dancehall until I heard "ring the alarm" which is the shit.

members online