Upgrade from a 2000xl

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
So I’ve been thinking about dragging myself into the new ways and retiring my 2000xl. But I’ve got questions for any mpc one or mpc live/live 2 owners. Anyone out there prepared to answer idiot questions ? Cheers
I don't have those new ones but I have the 2500 with JJOS, so it's pretty much bridging the gap between new and old. But I still keep up on some of the models. What did you want to know?

One thing you could do though is get the MPC Beats software which is free: https://www.akaipro.com/mpc-beats and play around with it. If you end up liking it, then that's what's inside all those new MPC units. Or you could just use that software (or upgrade to the full version) and use a generic controller, or even the 2000 to control it.

Or you could give me your 2000! :D

Stormwalker

Beatmaker
Well the first thing is, why do you want to upgrade to a new MPC? What's the difference it will make in your workflow?
My xl is starting to show her age, yesterday I found she had fallen in the bathroom, poor thing, god knows how long she had been there. Oh and I’m having loading/saving issues. So I re flashed the os, but that hasn’t worked. And as the 1000 has a broken card reader. I’m just thinking it’s maybe time to upgrade completely, instead of just fixing either one. Just that maybe it’s time to.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Upgrade @Stormwalker and don't be a purist, my MPC 2000XL is in storage and I decided to jump on the MPK instead.

Stormwalker

Beatmaker
Upgrade @Stormwalker and don't be a purist, my MPC 2000XL is in storage and I decided to jump on the MPK instead.
Nothing purist about it. More that I don’t want to lose a bunch of beats, that I’ve still got on sd cards, floppy discs and zip discs. Now I know I can’t plug in a usb floppy or usb zip reader into the back of a mpc one or a live. But can you plug in a card reader to a live/live 2 ?

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
You can plug-in a card reader to your computer and transfer it over. Also you can transfer directly from the mpc one to a computer. No need for a card reader. Honestly if it was me and I could have ONE device it would be Maschine, assuming your computer can handle it.

Stormwalker

Beatmaker
You can plug-in a card reader to your computer and transfer it over. Also you can transfer directly from the mpc one to a computer. No need for a card reader. Honestly if it was me and I could have ONE device it would be Maschine, assuming your computer can handle it.
I can’t work out what I’m reading wrong about mpc one’s and transferring your beats from the machine itself to a computer. Everything I’ve read says you have to save it to a card, then pop that in your computer. No file transfer over usb. I will see where I’m going wrong.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21

Stormwalker

Beatmaker
It’s a bit confusing but you can transfer in certain modes and it can open the files in the mpc software on your computer. https://inmusicbrands.force.com/akaipro/s/article/Akai-Pro-MPC-One-Frequently-Asked-Questions#TRANS

that’s how you can track stuff out to mix. The mpc software is also free so you should be able to open your 2000 programs and sequences right now with it. If you wanted to move to something else you wouldn’t lose anything.
Nice one. Yeah I already use the full software and transfer using sd cards. The thread is getting confusing lol.

Stormwalker

Beatmaker
Nice one. Yeah I already use the full software and transfer using sd cards. The thread is getting confusing lol.
Dude I’m so sorry for being such a pain. But I’m even now more confused lol. Cause of this that I copied and pasted from the above link.
Use an external storage device (USB or SD) to transfer files and projects directly from the MPC One to your computer.

Can I transfer content directly to the internal storage?​

All content will need to be stored on a USB drive or SD card before transferring to the internal storage on the MPC One. The Internal drive will not appear as an available drive when connected to your computer.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
This doesn't make sense. If you have it hooked up via USB then what kind of files do you see? The projects should all be there, no?

members online