Urrrr...Tha best way to compress yer mp3?

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I was wonderin if maybe im not usin tha best codec for makin my mp3's as well as if its better to turn yer track into mono instead of stereo when converting to mp3 formatt?
(considering tha songs are played at a low bandwidth and are compressed at 128k)

STEEZ

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
What do you mean by "Tha best" is speed your determining factor or accuracy and sound quality. If the latter then you need to look at EAC (Exact Audio Copy) and LAME 3.90.3. EAC is a CD Ripper which can operate in secure mode which means it will accurately transfer audio from your Music CD Drive to your disk using a secure mode that does not allow for any errors and also provides error detection to prevent popping and clicking depending on what type of CD Drive you have and what it supports.

Audiograbber is popular MP3 encoder, sounds good and easy to use, if you just want to convert audio files to MP3 easy and fast then this one is for you.

LAME is a popular encoder that can work with EAC as an external MP3 encoder but it takes a little getting used to but it's worth it if you need your MP3's sounding excellent. It's a very powerful encoder once you know how to use it, there are guides available online for using it.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Nah, its all about jus tryin to make my song sound as good as possible after being compressed for tha ill-radio show....I wasnt very pleased with tha results of the first one i submitted....Right now i compress my wavs to mp3 with a freebee called cdex....its what ive always used and has always sounded fine to me, maybe its jus tha 24k stream?....But, i thought if theres a way to better tha compression ratio then im gonna figure it out. CDEX uses a variety of codecs, i have mine set on Lame Mp3 encoder, Version 1.30, engine 3.92 MMX....For experimentation; i set my next entry to MONO to see if that turns out a little better?....

PRIZM

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i just use the basic one that comes with dbAmp's converter... if the mix is clean, it doesn't really matter enough to notice i think...