USB Mic (Monitoring Vocals)

Daymo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
At the moment I’m using a Samson USB mic and adobe audition to record vocals. The problem is that when recording, I can see the waveform generating on the track but my MC can’t hear what he’s recording through the headphones and he reckons it’s really off-putting not being able to hear himself.

I’ve heard that the reason he can’t hear himself is because it’s a USB mic but I was wondering how true this is. Apparently the mic stores the vocal data and then dumps it into audition after the take – but surely if that was the case then I wouldn’t be able to see the waveform generating in real time?!

Is there anyway to do this other than buying a new mic? Any help would be appreciated.

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
even tho you might think its real time, i bet there is going to be some latency issues there even if you got his headphones to monitor the output...you need to route the headphones as a pre rather than the main bus. since i dont know what kind of sound card you have or what your working with, the only advice i can give you is to read your manual about monitoring and headphone mixes.. those should clue you in the right direction.

hope this helps,

...ELDIA...