USB Mixer...

Cell 2Dee

Bloody Fingers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 110
Its up to you. Do you like hands on feeling? If so do it. If not no need to spend the money. Plus if you ever get a gig with a real studio all the mixing and what not would be done there so you really wouldn't need it.

I do like the hands on feeling, yeah. But like you say, if I ever get anything in a real studio it would all be done. Maybe just unneccessary window shopping then.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I do like the hands on feeling, yeah. But like you say, if I ever get anything in a real studio it would all be done. Maybe just unneccessary window shopping then.

lol.. we all do it.. I have a wish list of things I dont need but wish I had somewhere.

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
are you talking about a mixer to get your 1/4" outs/RCA/XLR into your computer so you can record them or a MIDI control surface...

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
Just a control surface.
well for 200 dollars you could have a dedicated control surface like this:
41RFT8BK9HL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

but that's only 9x1 sliders and 9x3 knobs assignable via midi (not including the buttons). I mean by my count you have (between the MPD and MPK) 14 sliders, 16 knobs.

I mean I guess it could get kind of annoying trying to figure out which slider/knob corresponds to which channel, however, you have to ask yourself is it worth the money to you? Its functionality you technically already have, albeit atm it might not be as convenient as having a dedicated control surface.

If I were you I would just get a legit mixer (RCA/1/4" ins) with USB and MIDI I/O and just use it as a control surface for now, so that if you ever get into buying rack-mount equipment or XLR mics or whatever you can easily turn your MIDI control surface into a method of recording sounds from synths/whatever

that's my ten cents

members online