Usher Burn-Produced on the Roland Fantom X

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
Usher 'Burn'-Produced on the Roland Fantom X

i was at the music shop playing with the fantomX8 when i came across that sound used in the usher track, that little sound effect at the beginning. I now notice that the guitars are from there too, and the violins. Just a point i thought id share with yall. I thought the board had some nice sounds too, and the 88 key version was so much fun!

ill o.g.
Thats crazy. I heard that song before but now i gotta go chewck it out again.

I played with one of those yesterday. It is pretty nice. The sounds are real thick, all of em. I wasnt feelin the drum pads though. The drum pads sounded realistic, with the velocity, cuz if you barely hit a ride it sounds like a hat and the harder you hit it, the louder and more longer it gets. But the pastic felt like they were made out of plastic and they werent real sensitive so it felt like i had to bang on em to get some sounds to come out.

That color screen was buggin me out. It looked like my computer screen. But i dont think id get one of those even though it that nice. Id rather have a room full of racks and all that.

incogneeto

J.B. LEGACY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I Got The Fantom X-7 For About 3 Months Now............i Love It........and You Can Always Add Sounds With The Roland Srx Expansion Boards.........this Is My Centerpiece Of Production....cant Say Enuff Good Things Bout It..........is Gonna Make Me Famous 1 Day.........n U Can Quote That

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
The Fantom i think has become number one on my list of things to get......i went to guitar center and played with one and also fell i luv with it. My cousin just got a job at guitar center so hopefully i can get that bitch at cost when i get the money........not surprised about Burn being produced with a Roland instrument...Jermaine Dupri produced the song and he is on rolands payroll at tha moment

ill o.g.
Im not really feelin how hip-hop is goin in the synth direction. I know there will always be samplin people but synth isnt where hip-hop came from. They used the minimalshit. An MPC60 and a turntable. And there parents records.

Im cool with everybody who uses synths but id just rather see more people samplin, doin the original shit.

Streetwize

Beat Architects !
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 49
^ i totally agree

fuck that synth shit, i hate the majority of it

that usher - burn track is good but the sounds are horrible, the guitar sound they used sounds like a soundfont, some cheap wack ass soundfont. it ruins the beat for me completely

fastlance

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
What's wrong with people playing there own music then taking from someone else's?

erkl

Funky Walker Dirty Talker
ill o.g.
differant styles of music...
west coast style, and club tracks are all about synths, n drum machines
much respect to those who can MAKE original shit that sounds good

lotsa kool keith shit i love, with those west coast rollin 808 beats n shit with the analog basslines
neptunes too

Streetwize

Beat Architects !
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 49
fastlance said:
What's wrong with people playing there own music then taking from someone else's?

who said it was wrong? not me

i prefer live instruments to wack ass presets that have been used over and over again. if y'all compose with live instruments, then thats fine, as long as its hot

incogneeto

J.B. LEGACY
ill o.g.
U Can All Say Wuteva....but I Make Hard Azz Beats With A Synth.......n Someone Can Spit Fire All Over My Beats............i Would Love To Sample....but Honestly, I Just Can't Get It Down.....i'm Str8 Makin My Original Shit..1

pirell

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
comeon you cant keep musical styles boxed in, people HAVE to try different things. Eminem/dre/mobb deep ensembles were frowned upon a few yrs ago, and still are in many circles but when these people see the numbers of CD's flying off shelves, do they really give a F?

im chuffed at the usher burn track, cos as a proud owner of the Fantom..i cant wait to be able to pay tribute to a fantastic piece of hardware as well. i fell in love with it at first sight and was also met witha good sales person, so i had initially gone into the store to buy a £25 sample CD, and left with a £1800 fantom!!!!

but i know it'll earn its money soon. ive taken it to a studio to record and a top engineer who's a bit sceptical about workstations V modules and live ensembles had to give the roland props, and cldnt believe the stuff it could do. so thanks for that technical boost afro! :)

incogneeto

J.B. LEGACY
ill o.g.
pirell said:
comeon you cant keep musical styles boxed in, people HAVE to try different things. Eminem/dre/mobb deep ensembles were frowned upon a few yrs ago, and still are in many circles but when these people see the numbers of CD's flying off shelves, do they really give a F?

im chuffed at the usher burn track, cos as a proud owner of the Fantom..i cant wait to be able to pay tribute to a fantastic piece of hardware as well. i fell in love with it at first sight and was also met witha good sales person, so i had initially gone into the store to buy a £25 sample CD, and left with a £1800 fantom!!!!

but i know it'll earn its money soon. ive taken it to a studio to record and a top engineer who's a bit sceptical about workstations V modules and live ensembles had to give the roland props, and cldnt believe the stuff it could do. so thanks for that technical boost afro! :)

yeah pirell...cats dont know......let em sleep........then when we come knockin down doors people can still talk all the shit they want......lol...holllllaaaaaaaaaaaa

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
*BURNS CARCASS OF DEAD HORSE*

first of all this thread had nothing to do with how you felt about synths in hip hop.... if you want to rant about that do a search and find one of the BILLION FUCKING THREADS we already have.

its an RNB song anyways.didnt even have anything to do with hip hop.

as far as topic, its a nice track, but nothing special. its pretty standard for todays rnb, but its a perfect example of how important the vocalist is. the music is really just a backdrop for usher's vocals, which are great.

it doesnt exactly showcase the Fantom X's power though...

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Well even though a lot of the Fantoms soundsets can be heard they have some new ones but a lot of those same exact sounds can be found on the XP, XV, and J series boards and racks....actually a lot of those sounds were on the board I owned b4 getting the Fantom maybe either layered with another sound or modulated differently.....remember this is a synth.....the RS-50 and I had and RS-5 before that, anyhow don't get mad at me because I usually cop a new piece when it comes out and keep it least long enuff to grab the concept then I sell it, trade up or keep it....but overall knowing their sounds prior to a new board helps you to be able to identify how much work they have really done on a new product besides features.....

members online