Usher or Ursher

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Sorry to my people from the south, but what the Hell is Usher doin? I mean, I am enjoyin his new music and he is one of the few artists out that I wish will prosper for the rest of his career,,,,now,,,,with that bein said,,,,,

,,,,Why, oh, fuckin why does he call him self "Ursher". I think on the "Yeah" joint Luda started it, but it sticks with him now. I think its stupid, and I don't like it. I want my Mommy! No, seriously, he can crossover very well from R&B to Hip Pop songs without lookin like a fool(Mariah, Ashanti, Jaheim,,,,) I think he may be on his way to lookin like just another star that will use Hip Pop for all its worth,,,even though he is talented enough where he doesnt need too. I hope not though,,,the kid's something the music business needs right now,,,a REAL performer. (Just as long as he stays away from movies)

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Usher is in a good spot right now, to me he impressed me with the last album, My lil 18 yr old sister loves usher and a few years ago I thought he was just another fad...but his singing abilities will have him around for awhile...he's definitely a good crossover performer and theres nothing wrong with that in the entertainment biz....simply because he really never struck me as being pushed as hip hop....so he can't be held to the keeping it real standard ya know....the main thing is he can pick any song or producer he wants....I was also wondering about the whole ursher usher thing it's pretty stupid if you ask me...LOL

PRIZM

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
usher is one of the most diverse and capable vocalists in any genre right now, he can do whatever he wants to do and as long as he puts his mind and soul into it, it'll turn out well... he's that good.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
I think he does it just to attract even more attention to himself and to stroke his already over blown ego. i dont hate the man....i have his pass three CDs,but dude is a cocky mo fo

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
damn... i never heard of so many dudes sayin they like usher... fuck that cat... i cant stand his shit... i mean dude gotta a voice but his lyrics are garbage and most of it is some shit meant for 13 year old girls... seriously... what the fuck is goin on around here...

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
When I first heard Usher's first record My Way I knew he would blow. Damn that was like '95 or somethin. But for real, he's a talented dude. I love hip hop, but I love R&B too. He's a talented singer, a talented dancer, and overal just a talented performer. Can't hate on the man, he's doing his thing, and he's doing it big.

In my opinion there aren't many R&B cats who can come close to he skills as a performer. Him and Alicia Keys are the 1 2 punch. I don't know any other R&B male singers who can do what he does...Shit, he says a lot more than R Kelly, thats for sure.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
I dont really know any of his lyrics. Nor do I care. I like his voice, he can put on a show and he is entertaining.(except for the VMA's when he was all rained on,,,shiver,,,yecchh!) There is no more showmanship in music. But, fuck anybody that got a problem with me listenin to Usher. Shit, I dont give a fuck what he's asayin,,,,,its nice to listen to in the car durin work. I think cats should really worry about some rappers lyrics........so yeah, I like Usher and if any yall got a problem with that,,,I'l bitch slap ya thru ya PC Monitor and throw ya on the "Track"!!!! I'de listen o Usher before I listen to some of the half ass Hip Hop these young bloods are listenin too!

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
I dont really know any of his lyrics. Nor do I care. I like his voice, he can put on a show and he is entertaining.(except for the VMA's when he was all rained on,,,shiver,,,yecchh!) There is no more showmanship in music. But, fuck anybody that got a problem with me listenin to Usher. Shit, I dont give a fuck what he's asayin,,,,,its nice to listen to in the car durin work. I think cats should really worry about some rappers lyrics........so yeah, I like Usher and if any yall got a problem with that,,,I'l bitch slap ya thru ya PC Monitor and throw ya on the "Track"!!!! I'de listen o Usher before I listen to some of the half ass Hip Hop these young bloods are listenin too!
CHUUUUUUUUURRCH

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
djswivel said:
...Shit, he says a lot more than R Kelly, thats for sure.

THATS BECAUSE R. KELLY iS JUST AN iLLiTERATE BASTARD.

RELEASE;

PRIZM

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
djswivel said:
When I first heard Usher's first record My Way I knew he would blow. Damn that was like '95 or somethin. But for real, he's a talented dude. I love hip hop, but I love R&B too. He's a talented singer, a talented dancer, and overal just a talented performer. Can't hate on the man, he's doing his thing, and he's doing it big.

In my opinion there aren't many R&B cats who can come close to he skills as a performer. Him and Alicia Keys are the 1 2 punch. I don't know any other R&B male singers who can do what he does...Shit, he says a lot more than R Kelly, thats for sure.

word. usher and alicia keys kill the r&b scene... not sure where christina aguilera fits into that scheme of things, but she's definitely also up there in terms of talent and performance ability... and while we're talkin bout vocalists, raphael saadiq is the truth.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
AMERiE'S GoT A BEAUTiFUL VOiCE oN HER ToO.
oNE oF THE BEST.

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
damn stress.. who else you like? aguilara? britney spears? jo-jo? backstreet? usher is a prefab studio fag made for teenage girls... i would consider alicia keys more soul than pop r&b like usher... i wouldnt put them in the same category... usher could never make songs like alicia.... cause he's an entertainer not an artist .... but yo i aint got a "problem" with you listening to anything... but i sure do think its funny... oh by the way... you dont notice his lyrics when your listening to him? how is that? is it cause your just picturing him naked or something?

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
djswivel said:
When I first heard Usher's first record My Way I knew he would blow. Damn that was like '95 or somethin.

My Way is not Ushers first album and it came out in 1997. His first album was self-titled Usher and it came out in 1994.

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
I'd listen o Usher before I listen to some of the half ass Hip Hop these young bloods are listenin too!

I definately feel you on this dog. A lot of the shit comin out these days in hip hop is garbage.