using motif sounds with reason

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Naw....You cant....Tho, theres a work around if im not mistaken: You need to ReWire to another prgm like Abelton Live and then Record your live feed of Motif Audio into live while Reason streams in-sync with Live.

504MusicMan

ill o.g.
DueceMade Ent. said:
Naw....You cant....Tho, theres a work around if im not mistaken: You need to ReWire to another prgm like Abelton Live and then Record your live feed of Motif Audio into live while Reason streams in-sync with Live.

Actually you can't play the sounds of the Motif in Reason because the two them are communicating using MIDI.

MIDI is data Not Audio.

So a work around would be to cop a cd of the Motif Sounds off Ebay or somewhere and load them in Reason.

I got a similar setup. Reason 3.0 , MPC 2000XL, Motif 7 and bunch of other shit.

And i have all my Motif sounds in WAV format so now i just load them into Reason and i can tweak the hell out of them. Twist / Bend / Mold / Shape the characteristics of my Motif sounds into something entirely different.

I don't even really use my Motif anymore except for triggering sounds. Are i use it when i have a sound i want that i didn't sample. (Its a virtually impossible to have "all the sounds" of the Motif sample. The closest i heard was like maybe 90%. (Incl. Drum Kitz) which isn't bad.

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
You have to use a Rewire Host (Cubase, Sonar, FL, Acid, Ableton Live, Etc) - And Run Reason and Your Rack at the same time. You basically will be recording the midi and audio from each intro the rewire host.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
504 - You read me wrong homie...I kno that. Thats why i said that u have to record a live feed of your motif into a prgm like Live. That information going to the computer WOULD NOT be MIDI (Unless im mistaken and the only information that comes from the Motif is midi?...In that case yeah, yer screwed. But i thought that the motif literally projected actual audio that could be routed through traditional OUTS.??). It would simply be a live audio stream recorded into yer multi. I just offered the option of ReWireing at the same time since that way u can still edit and hear your beat along with the audio that you would be recording into the prgm in real time. Its the same as if you were recording your vinyl into the computer. All yer doing is recording a live signal into the mutlitracker. While thats happening...You could play yer beat in reason through ReWire.

PS - Your workaround would be perfect and easier in my opinion, but considering dude only has what he has, i was tryin to give him a solution accordingly.

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I use the motif rack - and run in through FX and EQ in the APP I use...all that editing is too much.

And if i gotta make a sound - i just use Reasons Stock.