Using real spaces in your work

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
As producers/creators part of our job is to give life to the beat, song, and or recording. This is a look into a group that used actually real spaces for their album. They actually traveled and recorded parts as they discovered places that were interesting (Using a mini recorder) Check it out:

http://ronansrecordingshow.com/2011...-a-live-room-pt-1/comment-page-1/#comment-973

Part one of two: a special edition of Ronan’s Recording Show. I recently produced an album in Italy for the band, Riaffiora, that combined traditional recording with remote recording using a hand held recorder. It allowed us to use Saint Marks Square in Venice as a live room, and other amazing locations.

This episode is a link to a beautiful 12 minute documentary (English and Italian with sub-titles) by Massimo Toniato about the making of the album. The next episode will be a technical walk through about how we did it (and how you can easily use these techniques). Many non recording people seem to love this video so please forward to others. I strongly recommend watching with the 720 or 1080 HD viewing option.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
i fuck with a zoom hd hand recorded.... defiantely a good way to add character to a production.... even re amping with a handheld sounds good!

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
i fuck with a zoom hd hand recorded.... defiantely a good way to add character to a production.... even re amping with a handheld sounds good!

If I had the money Id get one! I was doing a vid shoot yesterday, and after playing it back and hearing me with the natural space, it sounded dope. I've been sleeping on real life reverb lol

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
mate they aint even expensive nowadays, you can get a fairly respectable on for about $180!