Using Reason with a Widescreen monitor

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
I just wanted to know how reason looks on a widescreen for those that use one with it, as i'm current on a normal 17' and i'm not sure if it would be harder to use with it being 900x in it's height.

I will be building a new computer soon and i was looking into buying a new monitor being a 19' widescreen which will be of 1400x900.

Anybody know if there would be much differance?

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
I have'nt got the extra money at the moment for two with this upgrade being around 2k, but i guess i could look into that mid next year if i decide it would be a good move.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Steel Side

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Other option would be to rotate your display 90 degrees. That way you view more vertical space but don't waste horizontal space since Reason is a vertical rack. I did it just for fun with my 19" widescreen, but didn't keep it that way. If it's a monitor dedicated to Reason, I say go for it.

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
Other option would be to rotate your display 90 degrees. That way you view more vertical space but don't waste horizontal space since Reason is a vertical rack. I did it just for fun with my 19" widescreen, but didn't keep it that way. If it's a monitor dedicated to Reason, I say go for it.

I would perfer to keep it the normal way with me using it for more programs other than reason so i would have to keep rotating it around to often.

Do you find working with a widescreen ok with reason or is it alot harder to cope with, i guess you just get used to it after awhile.

Steel Side

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
IMHO, it has no impact on me. Not that big of a difference. It's still Reason. I guess u said it best. You just get used to it. It's like HDTV. It looks great when you don't have it, still looks great when you get it, then kinda becomes normal, but it still looks great.

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
Wide screen is like the norm for me ... Using a regular square monitor just doesn't cut it
as I like the extra space ... But yeah Reason doesn't maximize across the whole screen
just vertical so it really makes no difference in my opinion ... I have a 1400x900

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Using Reason on a wide screen should look exactly the same as it would on a square monitor only with more space to each side. If it looks different in any way you have your aspect ratio set up wrong.

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
Thanks for all of the replys, i'll most likely pick up the widescreen i was interested in with there not being a big differance.

If it looks different in any way you have your aspect ratio set up wrong.

Ain't even got it yet Low.

luxx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
not real relavent but i just got a 22 inch moniter biatch! (and new reason) shit looks good

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
not real relavent but i just got a 22 inch moniter biatch! (and new reason) shit looks good

I was actually looking at a 22' widescreen on friday that was'nt to bad for the price that i maybe interested in going for insted of the 19' but this was made by Acer so i'm not sure about there quality compared to the previous Samsung one which i was originally going to go for.

Is your monitor widescreen? as you did'nt mentioned so.

Bakatraxx

ill o.g.
I have an 17 inch laptop widescreen with a 1200 x 1900 resolution.

I put the rack on the left, and the sequencer on the right. Gives me amazing workflow

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
if any of yall need moniters, video cards, ram etc.... go to www.pricewatch.com ... some of you probly already know bout it but it is the best place to get anything having to do with computer/entertainment, youll save a lot of money with pricewatch, it searches which website has ur product for the cheapest price hope that helps

and yea dual display sounds really good, i neeeda get me a fuckin job lol... UPS TODAY!! aha

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
42 inch lcd widescreen... when i get my new cpu(imac) gonna connect that to my macbook via ethernet and run the 40 inch along with the built in 20 inch display the imac comes with... and the macbook will be connected to my 22 inch widescreen monitor, and a 19 inch monitor in the booth for the artist to read his lyrics if he wants, and also follow along the beat, visually. Not sure how im gonna get that part to work, the booth part, but thats the least important.

Cell 2Dee

Bloody Fingers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 110
42 inch lcd widescreen... when i get my new cpu(imac) gonna connect that to my macbook via ethernet and run the 40 inch along with the built in 20 inch display the imac comes with... and the macbook will be connected to my 22 inch widescreen monitor, and a 19 inch monitor in the booth for the artist to read his lyrics if he wants, and also follow along the beat, visually. Not sure how im gonna get that part to work, the booth part, but thats the least important.

That sounds dope.

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I'd getta bigger screen for my Reason setup since I'll mostly be working with the eetached sequencer which takes up all of your monitor's real estate soyou won't have to constantly minimize/maximize screen views. As far as the rack is concerned, the size won't change much, but who cares it's just a rack for your instruments and effects devices....

wow, i haven't posted in a bout a year..

holLa