VIBE Awards

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
I don't know who exactly was fighting or what for. I just saw some punches and a chair getting thrown. I want to know what went down!

cqfinest

ill o.g.
"It's really important that we don't take a negative incident like this and do away with the awards," Suge Knight told reporters.

Don't invite Suge Knight to your awards show

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
I "heard" that someone from the G-Unit was directly involved in starting the rodeo... I guess young buck wasn't happy with his royalty checks.... hmmm

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
cqfinest said:
"It's really important that we don't take a negative incident like this and do away with the awards," Suge Knight told reporters.

Don't invite Suge Knight to your awards show

Ill have to agree, thou he might have paid his way in and you cant deny someone who has the cash. But I think the guy who statred the fight might have been paid paid by Suge Knight.

blak flame

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
it started when some dude start throwin' punches at Dr. Dre and his secrurity and some people that was there wit G-Unit went after that nigga and other peolpe started fightin' wit' them

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
More Info

Dr. Dre Attacked At Vibe Awards

The second annual Vibe Awards, an evening meant to honor hip-hop and R&B, was disrupted by a melee Monday night (November 15).

Click here to check out a video clip.
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/news/111604_nw_vibe_update.html

Reports are sketchy, but according to eyewitnesses, as Snoop Dogg and Quincy Jones were getting ready to present Dr. Dre with the Vibe Legend Award, Dre was attacked near the stage. Witnesses said Dre was standing next to his wife when the man approached in a friendly manner, and then all of a sudden began throwing punches at the rapper/producer's head.

When bodyguards and people with the G-Unit jumped in to protect Dre, things quickly got out of control. While there were some reports that a man with the G-Unit's entourage was stabbed, a spokesperson for the group had no comment on the matter.

After the dust settled at least 10 minutes later, the show went on. Dre picked up his award and told the crowd he wouldn't let incidents like that one slow him down. Later, the audience at the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, California, was treated to a performance of "Drop It Like It's Hot" by Snoop with Pharrell Williams. Jadakiss also performed and was joined by Anthony Hamilton and Common.

The Vibe Awards are scheduled to air Tuesday at 8 p.m. on UPN.

Credit: Shaheem Reid, with reporting by Sway Calloway for MTV News
Photo: MTV News

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
Warrant

Yo, now there's an arrest warrant for Young Buck! Supposedly he's the guy who stabbed someone.

Ctrl

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
^^you didnt like Buck's album? But yeah I saw it on the news 50 was knockin niggas out, Banks was tryna get through the crowd, Buck just started stabbin folks, Dre was drillin somebody, the body gaurds were fightin, Alicia keys got up and walked out, and suge knight and Petey Pablo went to the press tent afterwards. Whoever that dude is needs to be shot as if we didnt have enough problems in hip hop. Now Buck's goin to jail (I liked his music), Suge prolly got the cops and press all in his shit again (he already got 2 strikes), and a award show that was meant to honor hip hop was RUINED

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I smell a complete setup and payoff.....you don't think Suge Knights behind this shidddd...ya wrong...I mean if this Nigga (yung buc)always carries a knife then that's coo or they got some threats B4 the shidd started.......its almost like that shidd with Jayz....The commercial side of this shidd is sooooo fucken ridiculous man......no Lie...but you know that the major Beef that Suge Got with Dre and Snoop that's some major shidd....I won't be surprised if someone makes the headlines in the coming days either coming up missing or worse behind this whole shidd......

members online