video clips from africa(uganda)

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Ok, I created a small 25mb space on my schools web server to post some clips from my trip. There clips are extremely short (had to edit them) and they don’t stream so be patient when downloading

You can go here to see them
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~jason12/
(if the video doesn’t play automatically after awhile u can right click and "save as")

1. (had to delete not enough space)

2-Dancing- went to this traditional Ugandan dance competition, the host asked all the kids to jump on stage and join him. The kids didn’t miss a damn beat

3-School- the host family I stayed with owned a school, these are the lucky kids that can afford an education. Education is not free, so most folks simply cant afford to send there kids to school. The kids at this school had the bare minimum but they were happy. They were well disciplined too. They sang a song for us.

4 &5
Now this is interesting,
Clip 4-is traditional Ugandan dancing that has been going on for hundreds of years
Clip 5- is me and my frat brothers stepping doing one of my fav steps named do-do brown lol (im second in the middle line) black fraternities have been stepping for about 100 years.
The similarities are crazy aren’t they???? Traces of african hertiage????

Bonus footage.......

I’m a pimp- self explanatory, thats how we do in the FLA

The cane- me showing off my skills with my stepping cane before a step show

enjoy

Class

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
LOL, those are some good clips! That cane vid is definitely sick.... I'm just glad you were able to hold the camera steady during your trip - most people can't hold it straight, shaking all over the place!

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
THat's good shit bro! Thanks for sharing that with us! The kids are too adorable! I know that was the time of a lifetime!

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
afriquedeluxe said:
yo class where you learn to move a cane like that! it was sick! were you stepping at that school you told me about earlier?

Thats something that my frat brothers have done for years and its passed down. Its something we do before step shows to draw a crowed

jaydub23510 said:
THat's good shit bro! Thanks for sharing that with us! The kids are too adorable! I know that was the time of a lifetime!

Yea man it was crazy, im going back in june. I cant get enough,there is so much to see and do.

class....

Royal

Tha RENEGADE
ill o.g.
Yeah, that cane joint was dope (and you really are a pimp, that chick in the black was bad!LOL.)

Africa seemed like interesting experience, I think Imma visit one day. Good post Class.

-Roy