Vinyl Player Question

• beat this! voting starts in...

Tomblr

Beatmaker
Whaddup fellow beatmakers?

I recently got like an old vinyl player from my grandma that she doesnt use anymore

The only problem is....i want to hook it on to my mpc one but i dont know what kind of cable i need for this
Is it because my vinyl player is way to old for this or not?

When i plug the machine into my speakers also, the volume for a record is very low
In my optics you can find a lot of vinyls that are not even on YouTube
Also the vibe from a crackling vinyl record would sound dope as hell to flip

Hope you guys can help me with this question

✌️
Tomblr

Tomblr

Beatmaker
This is my current vinyl player

Attachments

• IMG_20220930_114506.jpg
    IMG_20220930_114506.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 59
Turntables have a low level phono output. You should route the turntable through a mixer and then into the mpc. The mixer will turn the low level turntable input into a line level output. You will probably have to connect the earth wire from the turntable to the mixer too if it has one. Can you take a picture of the output of the turntable?

Or you can get one of these..

Tomblr

Beatmaker
Turntables have a low level phono output. You should route the turntable through a mixer and then into the mpc. The mixer will turn the low level turntable input into a line level output. You will probably have to connect the earth wire from the turntable to the mixer too if it has one. Can you take a picture of the output of the turntable?

Or you can get one of these..
Here is a photo from the output cables that is plugged inside my vinyl player
Never mind the dust gonna be cleaning this when i get it to work properly

Attachments

• IMG_20220930_115809.jpg
    IMG_20220930_115809.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50

Tomblr

Beatmaker
Thanks for the info man

I'm thinking about buying a numark pt01 in the near future
Is it possible also to convert vinyls to chop on my mpc with this?
Since it's a usb device its gonna be alot easier i think for sampling into my device
Also i can work with some scratches on there (i think with the old devices it would be f'd up because it can destroy the needle...or so i heard )

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

members online