vocal layering for chants

zone

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
do you guys have any info about or experience with layering one person's vocals to make it sound like a lot of people are chanting? i want to get that crazy chant vibe going, but i'm just one dude in a room :/

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Double or triple them up (seperate takes) and use a reverb and a small delay... Sometimes a reverb will just do it though... What kind of chant exactly? Gimme an eXampuL..

zone

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
im thinkin along the lines of the vocals in the background of Eminem - Encore, Xzibit - Tough Guy, and the classic parliament "WOOF" (snoop - what's my name)

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
zone said:
Eminem - Encore

Okay thats a good exampuL, Do the "Hey" a couple of times to layer them up but kind of try them at diferent vocal tones (so it will sound like more than just you)... Then simply just add reverb (after compression)... That should work i've done some "Hey's" in the back of a verse and we did it like that... It kinda came out like the "hey's" in "Hood Hop..." U feel me? Is that the sound your trying to acheive? The Encore hey's have a slight reverb also, very slight though... But its all in how you want them to sound... Are you using them just in a beat or in a song under vocals? Either way it all comes down to how u use your effect and mix them... What are you using to sequence with? How are the effects in that program?

P.S.

Also try this... Say you do 3 different hey's for instance? Take one hey and pan it slightly to the left and the other hey slightly to the right, then take the final hey and let that play stereo (left and right) just leave that one but lower it to your liking...

zone

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
eXampuL_oNe said:
Okay thats a good exampuL, Do the "Hey" a couple of times to layer them up but kind of try them at diferent vocal tones (so it will sound like more than just you)... Then simply just add reverb (after compression)... That should work i've done some "Hey's" in the back of a verse and we did it like that... It kinda came out like the "hey's" in "Hood Hop..." U feel me? Is that the sound your trying to acheive?
yep
The Encore hey's have a slight reverb also, very slight though... But its all in how you want them to sound... Are you using them just in a beat or in a song under vocals?
just in a beat
Either way it all comes down to how u use your effect and mix them... What are you using to sequence with? How are the effects in that program?
i just load up samples into my sampler and run the output through a virtual effects rack. its got a lot of nice effects.
Also try this... Say you do 3 different hey's for instance? Take one hey and pan it slightly to the left and the other hey slightly to the right, then take the final hey and let that play stereo (left and right) just leave that one but lower it to your liking...

i'll try that. thanks :)

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
panning up and down a couple of cents move forward or backward a couple of 'ticks' send them all the the same bus with a verb and or short delay

members online