VST help

kojo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ok folks heres the deal:

I own a yamaha motif ES rack and right now that accounts for like 99% of my sounds that I use in my beats. however, Ive been thinking about doing some of my tracks completely"in-the-box" again because of the speed, settings easily being saved, and not having to track everything out. I especially want to do this because I have a laptop as well and would like to do tracks on it when I'm away.

so what I'm looking for is a VST or combination of VSTs that you guys think overall most competes with the motif. I bought Sampletank 2xl last may and used it for about 2 weeks prior to my PC crashing and thought a few of the acoustic stuff was cool, but the synths were god awful. i havent reinstalled it yet and upgraded to 2.5 but Ill probably do that this weekend to see how it sounds. some IK dudes hit me up about a holiday upgrade to Sonik Synth 2 for like $199, is it worth it?

Thanks!

J

Jikky

I like Hypersonic 2. It competes pretty well on its own. I also like Rapture as a synth or Minimoog V. That's a great start. Also look at Battery 3 for drums and Kontakt 3 for sampling and also its sampled library. Later if you ever wanted to you could add other sample libraries to Kontakt 3.