VSTi's

hobgoblin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hi there,

I've recently bought an oxygen 8 keyboard to run with FL3 + cool edit. After just messing with loops before I hope that playing the keyboard (which I'm learning to play properly now) will add a new dimension to my beats. The problem is I need more samples like single piano, string, brass etc Is there any VSTi's free or otherwise that you guys would recommend?

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Whattup Fam,

Its ya boy, elementree man and a VST and soundfont head I AM! Listen man if I was to try and list every site I got free vst instruments off of I would be typing all night. You just have to know what instruments you NEED to make sick beats. I was a huge VST head for a while and used nothing but them until I discovered SOUNDFONTS, now I use a mixture of both. You have to download a VST SOUNDFONT PLAYER in order to play these sounds with your MIDI controller, but free soundfont players ar available all over the web. Just use your search engine creativly. For starters.

Minimoog VST- perfect for dr. dre, P-funk, gangsta synth noises. Great synth
www.dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/hardware/item.cfm?threadid=3907&lang=0

Shitload of great soundfont instruments, same as VST's but you cant tweak them, only with external effects. Once again you must have a soundfont player, WINRAR- a program like winzip that unzips big files such as soundfonts. WINRAR is free for download on the internet, and make sure the files are .SF2
www.hammersound.net/

your best bet for a bass is either the minimoog or find a sweet soundfont bass because VST basses are hard to come by, very expensive., Strings can be found in all different types of soundfonts, but if you want industry standard you've got to break down and buy some VST strings like I did cause theres none of quality on the net right now for free download.

Hope this helps you my friend,
Cincinnatti, OH.

members online