Want feedback? Give feedback!!!

Hi all, most of my tracks will now be in the NON HIPHOP showcase as I seem to be getting zero feedback on my productions even though I give out and took the time to listen to around 16 of the community’s showcase beats before my previous Cowboy Bebop track. I know we are all busy, life works like that. I enjoy listening to everyone else’s stuff but now it’s come to a point where I’m not gonna waste my time without reciprocation.

Kane the MOD

Grey haired Boom Bap Rap Dad
Battle Points: 5
Hi all, most of my tracks will now be in the NON HIPHOP showcase as I seem to be getting zero feedback on my productions even though I give out and took the time to listen to around 16 of the community’s showcase beats before my previous Cowboy Bebop track. I know we are all busy, life works like that. I enjoy listening to everyone else’s stuff but now it’s come to a point where I’m not gonna waste my time without reciprocation.
First of all: you gotta chill.

They are always individuals that use this forum as a way of spreading their beats instead of engaging with the community. Just ignore them like everyone else does.

I enjoy your beats as they are so completely different.

First of all: you gotta chill.

They are always individuals that use this forum as a way of spreading their beats instead of engaging with the community. Just ignore them like everyone else does.

I enjoy your beats as they are so completely different.

Thanks man, I am chill just stating that if they want feedback then give it back.
Because a lot of my productions are spoken word / film I think I’ll keep them in the Non Hip hop section because they or borderline genres.

Sorry @InsideOutBeats but I had to react with a laughing emoji :LOL: I decided to spend some time to look at your posts and compare them with your YouTube channel. Took me about 10 minutes to do it and I feel like it was far too much time spent on this kind of research... If you count additional 5 minutes to write this post in it makes 15 minutes in total.

According to what I found, out of your last 10 beats you haven't received feedback to two of them:

LABYRINTH NOSTALGIC FILM REMIX (maybe, just maybe because it was posted today from what I can see)

and

DENZEL CURRY, SUPERSTAR, USHER, MIGOS - "I STILL GOT IT" - 2023 REMIX

All of your other beats received some feedback from what I can see :LOL:

As @Kane the MOD wrote: chill dude, because as far as I'm concerned this thread is an overreaction from your side.

I posted many remixes that were hip hop/drill/trap and I haven't received many feedback too, but I don't care about it :D Same thing happened to many people (including me) in the older version of Showcase where feedback was theoretically "mandatory". It is what it is. Did I bitch about it? No. Did I care about it? Maybe a little in the past, now I don't care at all. :)

Really, chill out because no one is obliged to follow your every upload and give you feedback immediately just because you posted something or you gave feedback to someone. In fact, no one is obliged to give you feedback in general. If someone wants to do it, they will do it but creating this kind of posts seems really immature to me especially considering your age (of course with the proviso that it's your true age).

#attentionseeker
Shoulder-shrug GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
@InsideOutBeats you have a valid point here. Sometimes the showcase section gets flooded with FREE hearing damage type beats, people who just want to plug their beats.
But as you know giving feed back takes time and effort so you shouldn't waste time on them.

On the other hand, when I see a regular member who is also participating in battles I usually at least give it a listen.

If you truly want valuable feed back instead of just some clicks, you can always directly ask someone you look up to or consider to be at a higher level. You can also explain what you tried to do/learn and ask for feed back on a specific matter.

Hope this helps...

snoop dogg peace GIF by BET Hip Hop Awards

@TWU yeah thanks man I appreciate that. Very good point. There are some specific areas that I’m developing and have had excellent help and advice from others via personal messages especially mixing and stuff. Probably the best way to go from now on is to ask directly for the areas I’d like to improve and understand.

I remember when I first started out on here and the showcase was invaluable. I was initially embarrassed to upload my beat as I was still getting to grips with my Mpc, and finger drumming, beats were unquantised but way of grid, zero mixing other than the odd volume changes and those that gave feedback really helped me progress and I’m grateful for that.
This is why I still like to try and get through others and newbies beats before I upload mine, not selfishly expecting people to listen to mine, but yeah it is time consuming.
Same for all the recent beat fights, beat it ups and attack of the beats, often get them in on way to work. I enjoy listening and voting.

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
@InsideOutBeats Why do you even care about getting feedback from amateur/hobbyist/bedroom producers that haven't even learned the fundamentals of a compressor or have been trained classicaly in playing an instrument like a piano to understand chords much less music theory? I would love to get some feedback but this ain't the forum to be asking what other's think of my beats or mixing/mastering skills. If I give feedback it's very minimal unless someone asks me specifically and even then I'm not obligated to respond but if I have the time I will. My 2 cents.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@InsideOutBeats it's always been like that unfortunately. This is why I preferred the old way of doing the Showcase where there was a thread each week and then it closes. When we had that and someone posted their beat but didn't leave feedback for others, they were pretty much ignored.

The way it is now is not too bad but it's just countless beats that are posted with little to no feedback. I know the weekly Showcase threads can get a bit messy but at least everything was more tight-knit and encouraged feedback.

I would like to change it back to what it was but it's up to you guys.

I would love to get some feedback but this ain't the forum to be asking what other's think of my beats or mixing/mastering skills.
Why do you say that?

VVS

Banned
@InsideOutBeats it's always been like that unfortunately. This is why I preferred the old way of doing the Showcase where there was a thread each week and then it closes. When we had that and someone posted their beat but didn't leave feedback for others, they were pretty much ignored.

The way it is now is not too bad but it's just countless beats that are posted with little to no feedback. I know the weekly Showcase threads can get a bit messy but at least everything was more tight-knit and encouraged feedback.

I would like to change it back to what it was but it's up to you guys.

Why do you say that?

I enjoy sharing my beats and battling it out againgst other producers. I provide feedback when I can, I just don't necessary care to receive it or ask for it. If I wanted to take this hobby seriously and make bread producing I'd be reaching out to the guys who have a solid foundation on music theory and mixing engineers that have worked professionally for years to get some input. I think we are all capable of searching for YouTube videos, web articles and e-books to gain knowledge about anything music related. Can we all learn something new? Sure, but at this point my knowledge base has peaked at a non-professional level.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I enjoy sharing my beats and battling it out againgst other producers. I provide feedback when I can, I just don't necessary care to receive it or ask for it. If I wanted to take this hobby seriously and make bread producing I'd be reaching out to the guys who have a solid foundation on music theory and mixing engineers that have worked professionally for years to get some input. I think we are all capable of searching for YouTube videos, web articles and e-books to gain knowledge about anything music related. Can we all learn something new? Sure, but at this point my knowledge base has peaked at a non-professional level.
Okay thanks for clearing that up for all of us retarded simpletons that don't know what we're doing even with decades of experience! (y)

VVS

Banned
Okay thanks for clearing that up for all of us retarded simpletons that don't know what we're doing even with decades of experience! (y)

That's not what I said at all. We all use this website for different reasons. I have my personal preferences that don't have anything to do with anyone else. Not saying anything about anyone's skill level or knowledge about anything music related. IF there are professionals on this forum producing/mixing records for a living with commercial success then I would absolutely love to get some input. If you're a bedroom producer without professional/commercial experience then no, I don't need the input nor would I ask for it. Not sure what the issue is with having a preference?

Last edited:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Not saying anything about anyone's skill level or knowledge about anything music related.
Season 6 Nbc GIF by The Blacklist

Why do you even care about getting feedback from amateur/hobbyist/bedroom producers that haven't even learned the fundamentals of a compressor or have been trained classicaly in playing an instrument like a piano to understand chords much less music theory? I would love to get some feedback but this ain't the forum to be asking what other's think of my beats or mixing/mastering skills.

VVS

Banned

I was making a general statement...not a targeted statement. And yes, most bedroom producers (including myself) had to learn about compression, limiters, dynamics, harmonics, etc on our own. And yes, I would say most bedroom producers which is probably the majority of users on this forum have not really looked into how to properly use or explain compression and dynamics. I didn't attend Full Sail to become an engineer or studied music theory at college so I think most of us here can agree we are on the "same level".

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I’ll @Iron Keys tag ya, you’rrrrrrrre iiiiiiiiit!

VVS

Banned
@Fade To be fair...I've yet to hear anything you've produced or mixed. The problem is exactly the one you pointed out..."Okay thanks for clearing that up for all of us retarded simpletons that don't know what we're doing even with decades of experience!" I don't know who's who on this forum, what years of experience they have, what credentials they have, what records they've put our commercially, etc...You said you have decades of experience...can you be more specific? I've been making beats on and off since I was 13 years old...do I consider myself an OG, a mixing/mastering genius or above anyone else here? No I don't. We're going into a way different narative at this point and making it personal which was not my intent.

Animated GIF
and its always been that way. I just post my beats to get sharper and then get on. Also, the way people vote for beats on here is crazy but I (Now) understand that everyone isn't on the same level as others. So they may vote for a so-called-trash beat because of their level of beat-making they don't realize that it is trash until they hear it again 5 or 10 years later :ROFLMAO: