WANTING OVERLYOPINIONATED PEOPLES OPINION FOR ONCE!

As a female producer and former singer I get hit up for vocal tags and hooks with my beats all the time. Im also getting a crazy amount of requests for my melodies. Any hustle I can add to my repertoire I am more than willing to accommodate, so now the question begs "Girl, How Much?" lol I never sell exclusives to anything, strictly leases! So pleeeeeease give me your opinion on what price the following things would be, being reasonable enough for the buyer but still worth my very valuable and HIGH QUALITY time (please state a price for each):
$?
-5 HQ Custom Mastered Female Vocal Tags on MP3 or WAV
-1 Melody (Complex) in HQ MP3 or WAV
-1 Custom Hook or Sample HQ MP3 or WAV

THANKS LOVES PLEASE FEEL FREE TO RANT AND RAVE ;)

GBB

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
1 million ea. nah i honestly dont know... Never sold tags/melodies. Maybe provide samples to your custo's n let them offer a price

Ya see that's what I'm trying to avoid lol I tax my beats pretty bad cuz I put so much time into them, if u divided the $ for one track hourly I'd b making a few dollars an hr! If that. Do u think 10 tags for $100 as an exclusive is too much or not enough? I think Melodies I would do for $50 per 2,000 copy lease, and hooks for the same price. Too much or too little? Help I need feedback on this one!

$50 for 5 tags is fair IMO.
a melody could probably be variable, depending on how catchy it is. say $10-$50.
same really for the hooks.
just a question regarding melodies. how can you limit the use of a melody?
surely they'll be building a beat around it?
also why dont you sell exclusives?
you should try and be flexible and give the customer what they want, and maximise possible revenue streams. besides exclusives can sell for very good money.
i think you already have a decent idea about the value of your work.

I think I agree w u on prices. I don't like to sell exclusives cuz I hope that everything I put out will become big and therefore I want the royalty rights. I will sell them under certain circumstances. I would limit my melody use the same as a track lease, good for 2,000 copies and airplay then lease must b renewed or renegotiated. I limit my customers to remind them who's boss and so I only get serious inquiries lol Thanx for the help!!

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
I think you need to think of this from a licensing point of view. If you're creating melodies for people then you need to set the prices where it makes sense for your to lose rights or you take a % of the finished product as well as a right to push the product.

Same thing for the vocal tags, you're building their brand with the your vocals. I have a friend who makes 60k a year from her vocal tags. A lot of people use her voice for branding purposes

Music/product/voice over etc

What I do with my beats (and this varies depending on circumstances) is lease it out for up to 2,000 copies then at that point I have a pretty good idea as to whether or not something is going to be profitable or not and decide that if its good go w a percentage, if its crap re-lease it and if a pig flies ill sell the exclusive. Lol Now when it comes to melodies I'm sort of at a loss as per what to do because there r just so many factors. Exactly why I'm here right now asking haha

The vocal tag thing is something that kind of recently just dawned on me as being super profitable, I used to be a "hook girl" but for some reason I hadn't thought about tagging til I got requests. That's crazy ur girl makes that much $ you gotta hook a girl up, she probably has good advice and/or contacts. I'm definitly adding vocal tags to my repertoire ❤ Waaay easy $!

members online