Warning to producer, please read this objectively

alkota

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Im not sure how many of you are aware of Wanna Battle Records production company (if you call it that) or how many of you are member or how many have had success or a similar experience as me. But please pay attention to this message.

About a year ago, I submitted, 20+ two track MP3's of my beats to Mainflow. I talked to him on the phone and sent him a little money for his company, which sounded legit.

Great... recently my beats have appeared on two MTV shows... Rob N Big and Yo Momma, however, I never received my publishing.

I never was asked to fill out a que sheet and when I confronted Mainflow about my beats appearing on TV and when I was suppose to fill out the standard paperwork/register my songs with ASCAP, he gave me the run around and talked some bullshit.

This dude hustled me for chump change, I probably would've got 500+ for my work. Its lame as hell.

I basically wanna discredit Mainflow and his little production company. Just another example of some washed up underground MC whos gotta rip off people cuz he sucks.

Thanks for listening and please share a similar experience and if Mainflow hooked you up, don't hate on me... just be careful.

Hip Hop is shady.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
I'm going to see him this friday, should i ask him lol?
at least i am not going to hand him any beats!
apathy and freestyle are also performing, but wack that this happened to you. thieves all over.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
I'm going to see him this friday, should i ask him lol?
at least i am not going to hand him any beats!
apathy and freestyle are also performing, but wack that this happened to you. thieves all over.

Yea call him out. and video tape it. And post it on youtube.

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
why didn't you sort out the paper work b4 hand thats a must music is big business now they always trying to play peeps

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
woah he fucked you over too!
i already warned some producers over here to not give him any beats.

i dont got any camera though!

if i head any money left for it i would print a shirt with MAINFLOW the infamous Beat Thief or something like that on it!

alkota

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Haha

Yeah... its really not a big deal. Its a lesson that we all learn. Unfortunately I didnt tag any of my tracks...

But in the end, I have a feeling that this will have a way of working itself out. Also, copyrighting and registering my songs is a good idea. I did do that, however, the time and effort put into actually getting this taken care of will outweigh the benefits. Its so easy to jack peoples shit these days, but oh well!

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
About a year ago, I submitted, 20+ two track MP3's of my beats to Mainflow. I talked to him on the phone and sent him a little money for his company, which sounded legit.

Great... recently my beats have appeared on two MTV shows... Rob N Big and Yo Momma, however, I never received my publishing.

I never was asked to fill out a que sheet and when I confronted Mainflow about my beats appearing on TV and when I was suppose to fill out the standard paperwork/register my songs with ASCAP, he gave me the run around and talked some bullshit.

Hip Hop is shady.

nah fam... the MUSIC BUSINESS is shady!!!

20 trx is too many... give him 7-10 short joints with with ur name talkin in the background.

no paperwork? no deal... unless u just wanna hear ur shit on TV and Radio anyway.

NEVER give ANY money... especially if a big company like MTV is involved... let they azz pay!!! like Tyra Banks said about modelin... "if they askin for money, it aint legit!!!" the same applies here.

correct me if I'm wrong - moral of the story - get your beats copywritten and register your beats with ASCAP / BMI before sending MP3s to people...

...and sometimes, THAT doesnt even matter if u dont have the money to fight... but do it anyway. once u make that beat for Jay Z, u can open old wounds and haul they azz into court!!!

dont feel bad though... Alc, Blaze, Swizz... they all got beats jacked... its gonna happen when u put urself out there... but just tell urself "thats not my last hit!!!" and u'll be fine.

just my 2 cents.

da relic

members online