Warzone Beat Battle - April 1-2, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

3mpireV

Battle Points: 10
@StoneLockProd I agree with Iron Keys here. Its a good beat, put together well, nice variation, What lets it down most for me like Iron said is the mix, the drums, while good, are so far back in the mix they are almost washed out by everything else.
Its a high energy beat, the drums should match that energy and the drum sounds you have would be great if mixed better.
I would suggest trying to mix it again, but start with the drums, make sure they are up front, hip hop is a rhythm oriented genre, then fit everything else around the drums, making sure they stay right up front.

@Delta_Nine Sorry man, I did it again. Your beat for this one just lacked that "WARZONE" edge. A bit laid back, dope to smoke too, but getting an edge in a battle not so much.

@TjombaBeats This is a dope beat, but it gets very electronic very quickly. I dont think people are ready for this yet, give it ten years.

@InnerThug Dope beat, drums hit nicely. But this one too has a vibe that isnt so well suited to battling so when facing a harder beat it could suffer and maybe did.

@Iron Keys once again I knew this was you straight away, got my vote in one or 2 rounds cant remember now. Got Ice Cube written all over it, send it to him. I did an Ice Cube "type" beat the other day. Sorry to knock you out in round three, actually no Im not, give my fucking throne back. Thanks for keeping the seat warm.

@3mpireV This beat goes hard, one of my favorites from the battle, I had a few favorites, was a good battle.
Drums could have hit harder though.

@Mefisto Beats I really liked this beat, one problem, its distorting or at least sounds like it when compared to other beats, very muddy. I cant put my finger on it but something makes it unpleasant to the ear, I think its just too loud and clipping inside the DAW.

@InsideOutBeats Once the piano comes in sounds dope. Sounds a bit empty before that. Because the drums are such a big part of this beat Id try to make that kick bang like a mf. Keep grinding though man, its not a bad beat considering you aint been doing it long.

@Tarboosh Record This is really dope another of my favourites of the battle. Was scared of this and @Vossi Beats track. My only critique would be that maybe you over did it with vocal samples and the mix could be a bit better.

@Vossi Beats Probably the cleanest best mixed beat in the battle IMO, a real quality piece of work, stood out against everything else for me. Love the panned drum fills, classy. The trumpets work well for me, sounds okay on monitors, but when I listened in headphones the trumpets sounded slightly dry, or just cut off a little sharp, so suggest reverb to take that edge of the sudden cut off. I have no critique other than that, quality beat, I thought you had me.

@Kane the MOD Beautiful beat, this would be a contender for me but its such a chill beat. This is my favourite behind @Vossi Beats it just doesnt have a battle vibe. Also its a little short. But I like it a lot regardless.

@Addictive Vibez Dope beat but I think the piano is too overpowering for the drums, and then you layer more on, drowning out the drums even more. Very short beat, could have been longer, has a lot of potential.

@YannFer Another of my favorites, but where is the low end? Sounds really clean and polished, but there is no low end. Seems like a beat made to target the phone audience, not necessarily a bad thing. Could probably push the beat pretty loud without the low lows. Any way, dope beat, I love it.

@sicalbeats Real nice oldskool beat, I found it got a little repetitive and wasnt really in a battle vibe. But welcome to ill, you made it to the finals, congrats.

@Bolo Beats Dope oldskool beat but its really distorting, thats what ruins it.
Thank you for taking the time to listen and comment on it! Congratulations on your win!

Status
Not open for further replies.