Warzone Beat Battle - April 3-4, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 33
smaller amount of beats of higher quality than four of them with lower quality. Personally, I reckon it is better to use three or two beats. In my case it turned out to be the best option. One is a little bit too little as it can be boring for people to listen to.
I thought the rules were you HAD to have 4?

it's also good to know your opponents, when you have battled against everybody each contest you get to know what they will bring to the table everytime...hardly anyone changes up their style...i always change up my style because don't want to be figured out..just my philosophy...it has usually worked for me..this is why i win quite a bit more than others...you battle a person long enough you begin to figure them out...because we are creatures of habit
only problem is you never know who you will be facing and when, you can only expect the certain people to reach the finals, but apart from that you never really know who you will be up against

You can use the same beat for every round, it says during the signup/upload process. Although its frowned upon as its hardly creative. Im sure some people might vote down a track that has been used for the other three rounds, maybe not. What the fuck do I know?
Exactly. This is why I mentioned that if you don't want to use 4 beats, the least amount of them is two as if you use only one it might get boring and be frowned upon. You should have at least one more for a switch up. For example Beat A for rounds 1 and 3, Beat B for 2 and 4.

only problem is you never know who you will be facing and when, you can only expect the certain people to reach the finals, but apart from that you never really know who you will be up against

That's exactly what I mentioned a few posts earlier.

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 33
Yeah. I didn’t see that you could use two beats. That’s cool though. I’ll have to just skip this one. It’d be a give away if I only did one this tome after talking about it!! I have a busy life and making 1 beat a week is about where I’m at if I’m mixing and everything proper. Plus I write and record so I have the entire process to handle. If it was just beats I might be more prolific!!

I have to disagree here. Your point would make sense if you were staged with the same opponents every single time. Then maybe I would agree with it but in a situation when you are mostly staged with different people it doesn't really matter. Changing style is not really worth it as some people here will know who made a particular beat anyway. And I wouldn't say that you change your style as your style is easily recognisable. At least for me. What is more @K-waz made a really good point under one Warzone in which he used a voicetag in beat or he defended someone who used a voicetag in their beat. He said something like "It doesn't matter whether you use voicetags in your beats as overall what matters is how good is your beat". And the same thing goes with a style. Even if someone's style is recognisable, if it allows them to make bangers that make them win battles, then why they should change that? There is no point to fix something that works and is not broken. ;)
Honestly it doesn't really matter to me, I just love competing...

Status
Not open for further replies.