Warzone Beat Battle - April 30-May1, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Just for future reference, is it allowed to use a past Beat This! entry in other battles? I have already heard that Snoop Dogg thing...

GIF by Identity

Probably best to chuck 'em up after a while when maybe a few people have forgotten about them. Better to chuck 'em in an AOTB because the anonymity isn't a factor.

But this place gets a little incestuous, I hadn't been back long and could tell about 7 peoples beats most battles.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Well there's no rule about using a beat you already used but normally you guys don't. It would be more work for me to sit here trying to remember if a beat was used before, so I just leave it up to you guys to submit new beats each time.

some nice beats! couple i really enjoyed actually-looking forward to seeing who's responsible for what-struggled to make 4 beats in the day i had set aside to work and flaked in the second round as a result-every cloud though, got a big tune waiting in the wings for next time

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Really well produced modern sounding boombap in there. Really well produced trap as well.

My only problem with the trap is, I have no idea if people are just using sample loops because half the shit sounds identical. Every trap track I hear lately has the same degraded eastern flute sound in it too. I don't just mean on here either... everywhere. It's like everyone's making the same one beat.

Don't get me wrong, if it was clearly the better production, I voted for it. But I couldn't tell you which, they all sounded the same.

This isn't a beef I have with the battle btw, just in general... I've stopped listening to hip-hop for the past month really, literally because every track is the same eastern flute 808 sample pack loop trap track.

I wanna hear something good, but more than that I wanna hear something different!

Good luck to all! Trap VS Bap final - edgy!!!

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
I knew I must have been up against @YannFer for him to be beefing! Sorry, bro!

Wasn't even thinking of entering until Fade's prompt late yesterday, I originally planned on using completely other stuff, but then heard it was vocals+2mins and it threw me off.
It's all good !
I remembered your beat because I loved it on the Beat This... I knew I was doomed. :ROFLMAO:
And I feel you. I also wished I had more time to make the 4 beats with vocals and all, but I didn't find the time.

YannFer

My only problem with the trap is, I have no idea if people are just using sample loops because half the shit sounds identical. Every trap track I hear lately has the same degraded eastern flute sound in it too. I don't just mean on here either... everywhere. It's like everyone's making the same one beat.

Don't get me wrong, if it was clearly the better production, I voted for it. But I couldn't tell you which, they all sounded the same.

This isn't a beef I have with the battle btw, just in general... I've stopped listening to hip-hop for the past month really, literally because every track is the same eastern flute 808 sample pack loop trap track.

I wanna hear something good, but more than that I wanna hear something different!

I also found myself voting for the beat that was not a "typical" beat...
That applies to them Trap beats you describe, but also some "lo-fi", with the typical vinyl dust and warp... I feel the tricks aren't working anymore.

Also, congratulations @EsquireMusic111, that final beat is pure dopeness.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
I also found myself voting for the beat that was not a "typical" beat...
That applies to them Trap beats you describe, but also some "lo-fi", with the typical vinyl dust and warp... I feel the tricks aren't working anymore.

Also, congratulations @EsquireMusic111, that final beat is pure dopeness.

Exactly the same for me, bro.

And I ain't beefing people, like - I even beefing myself about it. I know i'd been coming on here doing maybe doing G Funk or stuff tht isn't too prevalent on here... but it's still shit that's already been done. I wanna make Hip-Hop, but I also don't wanna be making or hearing the same ol' shit!

So music listening+making has been a bit tough for me this past month.

How's your music going?

YannFer

So music listening+making has been a bit tough for me this past month.

How's your music going?
I think we all have "struggling phases" now and then. It's pulling through them that makes us improve, right?

But yes, I am also kinda tired of hearing the same old, again and again... and that includes the stuff I been doing myself as well.

However, I must say I'm very happy with some beats I made lately, like the Jay-Z & Kanye from last Beat This.

And with the next one, that NOBB theme is making me discovering a whole new style, and the techniques that come along so thx @Fade for that!

Regarding, that Snoop thang, what's that lead synth sound coming in at 00:19? How did you make it?

KarolProba

Battle Points: 1
Congrats for winners! I have a little question about rules. I need to add 4 times the same beat to every round? That was my first approach to beat battle and I only add one to first round. I'm confused couse Iron Keys add different beats to every round but J.s.R only one to every round. Thanks!

Congrats for winners! I have a little question about rules. I need to add 4 times the same beat to every round? That was my first approach to beat battle and I only add one to first round. I'm confused couse Iron Keys add different beats to every round but J.s.R only one to every round. Thanks!
No, it's up to you. In Warzone you can use either 1 or up to 4 beats in total. Let's say you have beats A, B, C and D. If you want to use all of them you have to specify which beat you want to use in particular round. For example Beat A- round 1, Beat B- round 2 etc.

However, you can use two beats or three beats if you want. It's specified when you upload beats. It says something like "if you don't upload any other beat then your beat from the previous round will be used". So if you uploaded beat A for round 1 and beat B for round 2 and you didn't upload any other beat then beat B is going to be used in round 3 and 4 if you advance of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.