Warzone Beat Battle - August 18-19, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next battle will be from August 18-19th! See the information below.

*** THIS IS THE LAST WARZONE OF THE BATTLE SEASON! ***

Signups

The signups will be on August 18th at 12pm ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we reach 16 contestants (whichever comes first).
Voting will be for 1 day, on August 19th at 12pm ET, where the results will be posted the same day.

Check out the Warzone ranks: https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-battles/?cat=war

*Note: check out https://www.worldtimebuddy.com to find out the correct time difference for your timezone.

The upload page will close at 8pm ET!

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: None
Time Limit: 2 minutes
*Vocal Track Allowed?: NO
**Vocal Snippets Allowed?: YES

===========
* VOCAL TRACK ALLOWED? This means you can have a full vocal track with your beat (acapella, for example).
** VOCAL SNIPPETS ALLOWED? This means you can have vocal snippets in your beat (very short vocal parts, for example). This is where you can also have an intro with talking (like from a movie).
===========

Rounds

*All times are in Eastern Time.
  • Round 1: 12pm - 1:30pm
  • Round 2: 1:45pm - 2:45pm
  • Round 3: 3pm - 3:45pm
  • Round 4: 4pm - 4:45pm
  • Results: 5pm

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

Voting Criteria

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

warzone_flyer2023081819.jpg

The next battle will be from August 18-19th! See the information below.

*** THIS IS THE LAST WARZONE OF THE BATTLE SEASON! ***

Signups

The signups will be on August 18th at 12pm ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we reach 16 contestants (whichever comes first).
Voting will be for 1 day, on August 19th at 12pm ET, where the results will be posted the same day.

Check out the Warzone ranks: https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-battles/?cat=war

*Note: check out https://www.worldtimebuddy.com to find out the correct time difference for your timezone.

The upload page will close at 8pm ET!

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: None
Time Limit: 2 minutes
*Vocal Track Allowed?: NO
**Vocal Snippets Allowed?: YES

===========
* VOCAL TRACK ALLOWED? This means you can have a full vocal track with your beat (acapella, for example).
** VOCAL SNIPPETS ALLOWED? This means you can have vocal snippets in your beat (very short vocal parts, for example). This is where you can also have an intro with talking (like from a movie).
===========

Rounds

*All times are in Eastern Time.
  • Round 1: 12pm - 1:30pm
  • Round 2: 1:45pm - 2:45pm
  • Round 3: 3pm - 3:45pm
  • Round 4: 4pm - 4:45pm
  • Results: 5pm

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

Voting Criteria

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

View attachment 6770
Everyone's quiet as a church mouse today!

Congrats @SJAMBOK BEATS, dope beat man!

I just want to add that I apologise to all for my entry today. I sent it in and regretted it as I am so busy with life and kids right now that I barely get time to produce and ended up having a couple hours window for this and love being a part of this community. I have genuinely had a word with myself as I feel its kind of an insult to upload something I am not happy with myself just to enter a comp with you all.

Basically, wont happen again, don't care win or lose but we should NEVER upload a lame beat we are not happy with ourselves.

Curious if any of you have ever done this rushing in with a half arsed beat (due to time and life) just to be part of the beat comp? Kinda disappointed with myself for this one.

Last edited:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Congrats @SJAMBOK BEATS, dope beat man!

I just want to add that I apologise to all for my entry today. I sent it in and regretted it as I am so busy with life and kids right now that I barely get time to produce and ended up having a couple hours window for this and love being a part of this community. I have genuinely had a word with myself as I feel its kind of an insult to upload something I am not happy with myself just to enter a comp with you all.

Basically, wont happen again, don't care win or lose but we should NEVER upload a lame beat we are not happy with ourselves.

Curious if any of you have every done this rushing in with a half arsed beat (due to time and life) just to be part of the beat comp? Kinda disappointed with myself for this one.
No worries. Life gets in the way, it happens.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Fade's Dirty Underwear Review:

@5ivestar_nc - The vocals are a nice touch, it makes it really smooth. The kick is a bit too loud in the mix but I like the overall vibe of the beat.

@Armani - I didn't expect something evil from. I guess I'm RUBBING OFF on you. Good drum swing and evil sounds.

@Bandia Gotach - Evil! Kick is a little too punchy for my liking but it works well in this beat. I like the eerie feel of this. Maybe add just a small little something else for variety.

@Bangerz8888 - Good intro, nice buildup. Bassline comes in nicely. I like the melody but the drums could sound a bit clearer.

@B.Nevolent - Very hype with the drums. The lows are riding hot though but overall I like this a lot, good mix.

@dtay269 - I like the tune, I think I just expected to hear a nice 808 or low end come in to fill that out. Good drum work.

@Dusty B - Low end is good. Drums sound nice but I would take out some of the kicks in certain spots.

@guitardep - Good synth work on this one. I like the chord changeup, very nice. Drums sound good as well as the low end.

@GuttaTennekey - I really like this beat, good tune. I just think the drums could sound a bit more lively.

@InsideOutBeats - Good drum pattern. Piano sounds nice, low end fits well. I just think the strings should be taken out. Maybe a piano variation instead.

@NonxG - Kick and bass go really well together. Good drum pattern. The melody is solid. I also like the subtle vocals.

@Reg. Sized Pako - I like the vibe on this one. Bassline sounds really good. I would like to hear more of the drums rather than having it stop here and there. But it's good, I like the random sounds too.

@SJAMBOK BEATS - Drums smack hard, that's good. The other instruments sound good together, it's a good melody. Vocals are a nice touch. I think the drums could sit a little better in the mix.

@V.J. Retro - Good use of that sample. The piano is a nice touch on top of that. I like that you threw in some scratches too. Drums sit well in the mix. I think the only complaint is the melody is a bit repetitive.

@zepp - Good intro. I like the whole vibe of this beat, it's just the drums that throw me off a bit, they don't sound quantized, could that be it? Other than that I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online