Warzone Beat Battle - December 8-9, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next battle will be from December 8-9th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on December 8th at 12pm ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we reach 16 contestants (whichever comes first).
Voting will be for 1 day, on December 9th at 12pm ET, where the results will be posted the same day.

Check out the Warzone ranks: https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-battles/?cat=war

*Note: check out https://www.worldtimebuddy.com to find out the correct time difference for your timezone.

The upload page will close at 8pm ET!

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: None
Time Limit: 2 minutes
*Vocal Track Allowed?: NO
**Vocal Snippets Allowed?: YES

===========
* VOCAL TRACK ALLOWED? This means you can have a full vocal track with your beat (acapella, for example).
** VOCAL SNIPPETS ALLOWED? This means you can have vocal snippets in your beat (very short vocal parts, for example). This is where you can also have an intro with talking (like from a movie).
===========

Rounds

*All times are in Eastern Time.
  • Round 1: 12pm - 1:30pm
  • Round 2: 1:45pm - 2:45pm
  • Round 3: 3pm - 3:45pm
  • Round 4: 4pm - 4:45pm
  • Results: 5pm

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

Voting Criteria

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

warzone_flyer2023120809.jpg

Congrats @guitardep dope and well deserved!

I have a question around the ‘byes’, I’ve seen them before and obviously it’s simply because we don’t have a full house.

However, my brain is struggling to understand.
This is not a bitch before anyone gets upset it’s a genuine question for us all (or just my brain)

1st round I beat @K-waz and @Ys Man beat @Armani

2nd round I got beat by a well deserved @guitardep (but got a bye in the 1st round)

@K-waz and @Armani who both lost previous round both got byes and progressed to round 3 with @Fury Beats who also lost the 1st round and got a bye 2nd.

So then @Armani and @K-waz both find themselves in the bronze category?

Again I want to make it clear I’m not bitching I’m trying to understand the fairness of someone with a win versus some with a loss and not competing against an actual person / beat gets preference?

I’d personally hate to go past someone like that, doesn’t make sense.
Thanks all, hope you understand where I’m coming from for the better of all of us going forward in the warzone ?

@Fade ?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
That's just how the byes work. There's nothing else to it. Basically, for those that get a bye it's the luck of the draw, there's no other way around it.

Congrats @guitardep dope and well deserved!

I have a question around the ‘byes’, I’ve seen them before and obviously it’s simply because we don’t have a full house.

However, my brain is struggling to understand.
This is not a bitch before anyone gets upset it’s a genuine question for us all (or just my brain)

1st round I beat @K-waz and @Ys Man beat @Armani

2nd round I got beat by a well deserved @guitardep (but got a bye in the 1st round)

@K-waz and @Armani who both lost previous round both got byes and progressed to round 3 with @Fury Beats who also lost the 1st round and got a bye 2nd.

So then @Armani and @K-waz both find themselves in the bronze category?

Again I want to make it clear I’m not bitching I’m trying to understand the fairness of someone with a win versus some with a loss and not competing against an actual person / beat gets preference?

I’d personally hate to go past someone like that, doesn’t make sense.
Thanks all, hope you understand where I’m coming from for the better of all of us going forward in the warzone ?

@Fade ?
exactly! the bye's take away my opportunity to humiliate even more people. I'm pretty sure if I faced someone on r2, they'd have been so fucked in the ass that I'd have been pushed above into top bracket in r3. absolute shame...

Status
Not open for further replies.