Warzone Beat Battle - December 8-9, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they lost and got a bye versus someone who one and lost to a real battle. Surely the 1 with a win ranks higher than the 1 with a loss and a free round?

No probs, is what it is but doesn’t compute :ROFLMAO:

I’d be the same if it was me going through for that, I’d be asking how I can lose my only battle then get a bye and go through over another who won a round and then got beat by another in an actual battle.

(y)

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
If you get a bye in round 1 then you will face someone in round 2. Anyone that loses round 2 is gone, period. There's been some brackets where round 2 had bye vs bye because the upper bracket had actual competitors.

If you battle someone in round 1 and then face a bye in round 2, you're lucky and you go to round 3.

So everyone gets 2 chances but to win overall you need to win each round. For those that lose round 1, you have another chance in round 2. If you lose round 2 you're gone, if you win you're always going to be at the Bronze level at best.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.

kanye west GIF by Danny Chang

Congrats @guitardep dope and well deserved!

I have a question around the ‘byes’, I’ve seen them before and obviously it’s simply because we don’t have a full house.

However, my brain is struggling to understand.
This is not a bitch before anyone gets upset it’s a genuine question for us all (or just my brain)

1st round I beat @K-waz and @Ys Man beat @Armani

2nd round I got beat by a well deserved @guitardep (but got a bye in the 1st round)

@K-waz and @Armani who both lost previous round both got byes and progressed to round 3 with @Fury Beats who also lost the 1st round and got a bye 2nd.

So then @Armani and @K-waz both find themselves in the bronze category?

Again I want to make it clear I’m not bitching I’m trying to understand the fairness of someone with a win versus some with a loss and not competing against an actual person / beat gets preference?

I’d personally hate to go past someone like that, doesn’t make sense.
Thanks all, hope you understand where I’m coming from for the better of all of us going forward in the warzone ?

@Fade ?
I never made it to the bronze category. I personally think your beat wasn't better than mines but it is what it is

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ok thanks @Fade, so basically round 1 counts for nothing :ROFLMAO: if you lose round 2.

Nah I get it, it just seems odd.

Appreciate you explaining that.
All rounds count. If you win round 1 you go to round 2 upper tier. If you lose at any tier in round 2 you're out. If you win each round then you win the whole thing. This is why the overall points is higher than Beat This. If you lose round 1 you still have a chance in round 2 but you're at the lower tier, that's all. That's why Warzone is hard to win because you have to win 4 times, but at least you have a chance to win other tiers.

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
@Dr Sweetch gotta work on your mixing and drum kit selection my boi. You had the better melody/concept but the kick and snare wasn't hitting for the type of vibe you where going for. @guitardep congrats...beat was way too mellow for a battle (in my opinion). The rolling trap hi-hats saved you lol.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
The main thing to know about byes is warzone is One beat...

We used to have to put 4 beats in,

Nothing worse than carefully selecting your beat order to waste a dope beat on a bye. Then lose to a one beat wonder.

Nowadays, count your lucky on a bye, and flex your guns on going thru with Ws against other prods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online