Warzone Beat Battle - February 4-5, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next battle will be from February 4-5th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on February 4th at 12pm ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we reach 16 contestants (whichever comes first).
Voting will be for 1 day, on February 5th at 12pm ET, where the results will be posted the same day.

Check out the Warzone ranks: https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-battles/?cat=war

*Note: check out https://www.worldtimebuddy.com to find out the correct time difference for your timezone.

When you signup, you MUST upload all 4 of your beats. The upload page will close at 8pm ET!

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: NONE
Time Limit: 1 minutes
*Vocal Track Allowed?: NO
**Vocal Snippets Allowed?: YES

===========
* VOCAL TRACK ALLOWED? This means you can have a full vocal track with your beat (acapella, for example).
** VOCAL SNIPPETS ALLOWED? This means you can have vocal snippets in your beat (very short vocal parts, for example). This is where you can also have an intro with talking (like from a movie).
===========

Rounds

*All times are in Eastern Time.
  • Round 1: 12pm - 1:30pm
  • Round 2: 1:45pm - 2:45pm
  • Round 3: 3pm - 3:45pm
  • Round 4: 4pm - 4:45pm
  • Results: 5pm

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

Voting Criteria

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

warzone_flyer2022020405.jpg

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
come on man, you can do it,
Im going to try and knock a few out for this.
Somebody has to hold the fort

I dunno, man. I've just never done any kind of good in this battle. Didn't think my music was that bad. But never won more than 1.

I also don't know how I want to approach it; if I try make 4 dope beats, I regret it; if I make 4 rushed beats, I wish I tried harder.

So is a dilemma.

Yeah, but I mean something dn't match up right with me and warzone. BF/BIU/AOTB/Beat This all good I guess.
Which I also find odd as Warzone is essentially just back2back Beat Fights.
my success in one on one battles just beats everything else, I just do shit when there are a few to choose from.
probably because a lot of my beats aint that great, they are just mixed well. Many are mixed shit but still.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The way I see it is you have to always submit 4 of your best beats. Don't save your best just for round 4. But also, take it one round at a time so in other words, your beats should be aimed at one opponent, instead of thinking about winning the whole thing.

If you want to win you have to win each round. If you lose round 1 you still have a chance of ending up getting something but it's hard also because it depends on who you're up against in each round, especially the first.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
@Fade has a habit of putting me up against good quality in Warzone/Battle That. :woot:

But it's fine 'cause i don't want easy Ws.

The only time I'll accept something being an easy W is when it's just because my beats are that good.

I also don't wanna face Byes. I wanna earn it.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
The way I see it is you have to always submit 4 of your best beats. Don't save your best just for round 4. But also, take it one round at a time so in other words, your beats should be aimed at one opponent, instead of thinking about winning the whole thing.

If you want to win you have to win each round. If you lose round 1 you still have a chance of ending up getting something but it's hard also because it depends on who you're up against in each round, especially the first.
I mean by this point I've tried every combination and the outcome has been exactly the same each time.

iamcbf

Battle Points: 1
Good day folks. What type of beats should I look at uploading? I don't wanna embarrass myself by uploading some regular beats when everyone else got those dynamic beats can't nobody rap over!! #cbf4life

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Good day folks. What type of beats should I look at uploading? I don't wanna embarrass myself by uploading some regular beats when everyone else got those dynamic beats can't nobody rap over!! #cbf4life
It's best to upload just 4 of your best. I find beats that are more hype do better. Laid back beats can do well too, but the aim is "battle beats" since it's the Warzone. But whatever you think will do well in all 4 rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.