Warzone Beat Battle - January 18-19, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ant1

Ever wondered why men have nipples? Just me?
Battle Points: 17
its not a type of beat that you would hear someone rap on it, unless its a skit or an interlude in the album. that's just how i feel about it though.

Thanks for the input. The beat itself was actually a film soundtrack at first, later i decided to give it kicks and snares.

I didn't take part this time. Shout out to @Dahmi Mortals. Those arabic sounding beats were awesome! :D Congrats to @DEEZ BEATZ. However, in my opinion and please @DEEZ BEATZ don't take it personally, in the battle for diamond spot should have been @MicroDotCotton and @Cayenne. Once again @DEEZ BEATZ, this is NOT meant to be offensive. Just my point of view.

Type Beats

Battle Points: 1
Thanks it's been a minute since I won a Warzone contest..cause I wasn't putting my beats in the right order..but I got it right this time I guess. Always nice to start the year off on the positive..:up2::up2:

Congrats again, its dogged that does it bro!
I didnt even care about the order, but thats been a mistake and a lesson for me, and the next time I wont put a afrifan soukous production between the rest and keep it hiphop

ATR360

ReZoUnD
Battle Points: 42
Congrats again, its dogged that does it bro!
I didnt even care about the order, but thats been a mistake and a lesson for me, and the next time I wont put a afrifan soukous production between the rest and keep it hiphop
I really love diversity, its shows experience, skill, and the making of a trend setter. But you're right...keep it hiphiop or rap. I uploaded my tracks then I read the rules after lol but It say in the FAQ section "you can you can upload whatever but this is a hiphop website":help:. I'm suprised I got Silver when only 1 track was hiphop the 3rd one.

ATR360

ReZoUnD
I didn't take part this time. Shout out to @Dahmi Mortals. Those arabic sounding beats were awesome! :D Congrats to @DEEZ BEATZ. However, in my opinion and please @DEEZ BEATZ don't take it personally, in the battle for diamond spot should have been @MicroDotCotton and @Cayenne. Once again @DEEZ BEATZ, this is NOT meant to be offensive. Just my point of view.
Thanks for the shout out and to @Ant1 Thank you as well.
@Memento Beats I agree with your opinion, @Cayenne and @MicroDotCotton were the most consistent hiphop feel in the whole battle. The way I judge was listening once, first pass. If we judge after listening more than once then we're not honest with are decision, I mean take a beat and mix and master it 4 times one a day and listen to them all together results will be different every time. Unless @Fade does a specific battle then its more on technicality.

Thanks for the shout out and to @Ant1 Thank you as well.
@Memento Beats I agree with your opinion, @Cayenne and @MicroDotCotton were the most consistent hiphop feel in the whole battle. The way I judge was listening once, first pass. If we judge after listening more than once then we're not honest with are decision, I mean take a beat and mix and master it 4 times one a day and listen to them all together results will be different every time. Unless @Fade does a specific battle then its more on technicality.
Yeah, you're right. Personally, when I have to judge something not only when it comes to beat battles but also other genres I only take my first impression into consideration. And I think this is the most honest kind of judgement. However, it's a lottery anyway. You never know what will be approved by the people. Sometimes I'm quite surprised with the results of the beat battles but we have no influence on it. Nevertheless, I reckon that illmuzik is the place where the voting system is very fair because the beats are posted anonymously.

ATR360

ReZoUnD
Yeah, you're right. Personally, when I have to judge something not only when it comes to beat battles but also other genres I only take my first impression into consideration. And I think this is the most honest kind of judgement. However, it's a lottery anyway. You never know what will be approved by the people. Sometimes I'm quite surprised with the results of the beat battles but we have no influence on it. Nevertheless, I reckon that illmuzik is the place where the voting system is very fair because the beats are posted anonymously.
Yeah for sure.
But I do want to say incase this came off as a complaint. Its a Great hang out and Battle format thats fair in relation to the season professional and a starting producer. Big ups:up2: to IllMusik.
You still awake? lol Why we music makers always working, I'm just warming up my synths to start working and its 5am here in Houston TX

Yeah for sure.
But I do want to say incase this came off as a complaint. Its a Great hang out and Battle format thats fair in relation to the season professional and a starting producer. Big ups:up2: to IllMusik.
You still awake? lol Why we music makers always working, I'm just warming up my synths to start working and its 5am here in Houston TX
Hahahahahah :D I'm not from the US. It's 12:23:00 PM here. :p

No problem, why should I take it personal? I have no control on the votes.. I won cause I had more votes..so it could have went either way. That's why I love these contests because you don't know how it will turn out..and I always respect everybody's opinion...I make music, not trying to win a popularity contest...lol. I respect your opinion bruh..no worries

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
For the finals, I do think that @DEEZ BEATZ 's beat wasn't as good as the previous rounds. I actually preferred @MicroDotCotton 's beat but didn't like the overuse of vocals in it.

It happens sometimes where there's lots of dope beats but then one or both of the finals beats aren't amazing. It comes down to what that person uploaded for the final round.

Other than that, there was definitely some heat in this one. It's tough because you want to have a dope beat for the first round but also the last. Actually, you just need to have four dope beats overall but that can be tough to do.

For the finals, I do think that @DEEZ BEATZ 's beat wasn't as good as the previous rounds. I actually preferred @MicroDotCotton 's beat but didn't like the overuse of vocals in it.

It happens sometimes where there's lots of dope beats but then one or both of the finals beats aren't amazing. It comes down to what that person uploaded for the final round.

Other than that, there was definitely some heat in this one. It's tough because you want to have a dope beat for the first round but also the last. Actually, you just need to have four dope beats overall but that can be tough to do.
It's amazing how many people didn't like the fact that I won, like I had a choice in the matter..but despite how some may feel about it..members voted on the better beat. I have always showed much love to those who win a contest..never made them feel bad about winning..like saying "oh, I thought that somebody else should have won"...nice to know that there is so much positivity for 2019.... honestly, I haven't won a Warzone since January 13th 2018..1yr later it happened to again..what are the odds?
And I live the new template by the way..great job @Fade

Lmao at these comments.... I myself cant help but be a little salty... but that only comes because i didnt come as hard as a should have. I give congratz to @DEEZ BEATZ for winning... you are a good producer bro. simple. and to everyone else that entered I applaud you as well. It all comes down to votes and everyones listening ear no matter how good or bad i may think it is lol. Its all fair. I love this site and the people in it. @DEEZ BEATZ its lonely at the top bro...LMAO...

Last edited:
@Fade I think i messed up in the second round going for a diff style. i had that kinda house mixed beat. I should have kept it straight hip hop. Since this is a hip hop site. Hmmmmm... i dunno. A lot of questions......

@Memento Beats Oh and one more thing. Even though these beats are posted anon.... im pretty sure i can spot out of couple of beats here and there. I listen to a lot of you guys beats... probably more than i should... after a while they sound recognizable... sometimes, not all the time. Even so this is still an amazing site with tons of talented individuals. Congratz to everyone again.

Status
Not open for further replies.