Warzone Beat Battle - January 5-6, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
Thanks @VVS appreciated. The melody I can fully understand as I’m playing that myself over the pads where as often I would find a sample or 2 and chop them up.

Think I will return to sampling most. I mean some people like to throw loops in and I’m not shitting on that but I want to ‘direct’ it more myself. However, I recognise I’m not Scott Storch or Zaytoven when trying to play my own melody’s.

Definitely messed around with the saturation too much and got carried away.
Cheers for the feedback!

I'm trash myself when it comes to creating melodies. The problem is that nobody was telling me I was trash, so I thought I was going to get better if I kept trying. I came to the conclusion that it's just not my strength and I'm way better at chopping samples. I'm cool with writing basslines and simple riffs as a hobbyist and not a professional musical genius. I say this because it takes an open mind to be able to accept criticism or ask for it to improve yourself. I'm sure you know this but everyone's taste in music varies. What sounds good to me might not sound good to you and vice versa.

I'm trash myself when it comes to creating melodies. The problem is that nobody was telling me I was trash, so I thought I was going to get better if I kept trying. I came to the conclusion that it's just not my strength and I'm way better at chopping samples. I'm cool with writing basslines and simple riffs as a hobbyist and not a professional musical genius. I say this because it takes an open mind to be able to accept criticism or ask for it to improve yourself. I'm sure you know this but everyone's taste in music varies. What sounds good to me might not sound good to you and vice versa.
I once never thought Id be able to compose like I do now, never say never, keep learning, keep practicing and it will eventually start to make sense.

Thanks all! @Iron Keys, nice and detailed response, appreciated. I have kept it saved stripped all the saturation and stuff for now. Will reuse and build at some point, probably with some sample chops and a new bassline!

@VVS , Yeah I get you man, that’s why I like to ask and get real feedback like this. It’s one thing playing a little melody to myself thinking ‘yeah I like that’ then finding out it’s actually shit.
I will still to bits and pieces but I think I will mainly stick to my samples and chops! I always welcome feedback, that’s how we grow, learn and adapt.

Many thanks!

Reactions: VVS
Status
Not open for further replies.