Warzone Beat Battle - January 6-7, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next battle will be from January 6-7th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on January 6th at 12pm ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we reach 16 contestants (whichever comes first).
Voting will be for 1 day, on January 7th at 12pm ET, where the results will be posted the same day.

Check out the Warzone ranks: https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-battles/?cat=war

*Note: check out https://www.worldtimebuddy.com to find out the correct time difference for your timezone.

The upload page will close at 8pm ET!

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: None
Time Limit: 2 minutes
*Vocal Track Allowed?: NO
**Vocal Snippets Allowed?: YES

===========
* VOCAL TRACK ALLOWED? This means you can have a full vocal track with your beat (acapella, for example).
** VOCAL SNIPPETS ALLOWED? This means you can have vocal snippets in your beat (very short vocal parts, for example). This is where you can also have an intro with talking (like from a movie).
===========

Rounds

*All times are in Eastern Time.
  • Round 1: 12pm - 1:30pm
  • Round 2: 1:45pm - 2:45pm
  • Round 3: 3pm - 3:45pm
  • Round 4: 4pm - 4:45pm
  • Results: 5pm

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

Voting Criteria

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

warzone_flyer2023010607.jpg

thebeatscook

"If you can't take the heat then..."
Battle Points: 39
congratulations to all participants on getting in there and battling. I was not expecting to make it to round 3 but glad that the best person won. looking forward to becoming more involved this year

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Congrats to @NonxG!

Here's Fade's "Alpha Beta Cuck" Review:

@A.R. DASUPASTAR - I like the drums, especially the kick, it thumps nicely. The strings get a bit repetitive but the keys/vocal sound is a nice touch. This would be great for a rapper.

@Bandia Gotach - This one is interesting in how slow it moves but I'm feeling it. It's just those hats sound like something at a really low bitrate, it's odd, but the rest is good.

@B.Nevolent - Hard beat, good for a battle. The low end is a bit on the heavy side and clips but the beat has a nice epic movie vibe.

@Declik - I like the mix and the drums sound nice and tight, but it's just the synth sound bouncing in and out that gets a bit repetitive. Maybe if it was a bit quiter in the mix, but it's a nice beat.

@DiFKiNCHi - Really good beat, I like the intro and how the drums come in. I would just have the talking a bit louder. The piano is nice, fits well.

@Face Valid - Tight drums. Strings are nice but pattern gets a bit repetitive. The bassline gives it a good balance, I just wish the bass would carry the beat rather than the strings.

@guitardep - Very nice synth pattern. Low end is a bit heavy but goes well with the drums. I wish the drums were not so laid back. But it's a really good beat.

@InsideOutBeats - Dope intro. Good head nodder. I like the samples coming in and out, goes well with the drums. Solid bassline.

@KiloOnTheBeat - Very good laid back beat. Good mix. 808 is just a bit too thumpy but still solid. Good instruments used throughout, the melody is on point.

@NonxG - I really like the drum work on this one. The melody is good, works well with the vocal snippets. Sounds like a fight beat.

@SJAMBOK BEATS - I like the melody, good use of the synths. Drums work well with it, I just think it's a wrong choice of vocal snippet. Using Rihanna's voice and a fast tempo and it's borderline Pop.

@thebeatscook - Nice low end, that stands out the most. The lazy drums work well with that synth, good job on that. I like the drum work.

@Vtrain56 - I like this beat, good drums and piano is nice. I just wish the piano had more variet in it. Solid mix, good use of the space.

@Wesbeats - I really like this beat, the only issue is how quiet the mix is. But it's a solid beat, laid back night time beat.

B.Nevolent

Battle Points: 40
Congrats to @NonxG!

Here's Fade's "Alpha Beta Cuck" Review:

@A.R. DASUPASTAR - I like the drums, especially the kick, it thumps nicely. The strings get a bit repetitive but the keys/vocal sound is a nice touch. This would be great for a rapper.

@Bandia Gotach - This one is interesting in how slow it moves but I'm feeling it. It's just those hats sound like something at a really low bitrate, it's odd, but the rest is good.

@B.Nevolent - Hard beat, good for a battle. The low end is a bit on the heavy side and clips but the beat has a nice epic movie vibe.

@Declik - I like the mix and the drums sound nice and tight, but it's just the synth sound bouncing in and out that gets a bit repetitive. Maybe if it was a bit quiter in the mix, but it's a nice beat.

@DiFKiNCHi - Really good beat, I like the intro and how the drums come in. I would just have the talking a bit louder. The piano is nice, fits well.

@Face Valid - Tight drums. Strings are nice but pattern gets a bit repetitive. The bassline gives it a good balance, I just wish the bass would carry the beat rather than the strings.

@guitardep - Very nice synth pattern. Low end is a bit heavy but goes well with the drums. I wish the drums were not so laid back. But it's a really good beat.

@InsideOutBeats - Dope intro. Good head nodder. I like the samples coming in and out, goes well with the drums. Solid bassline.

@KiloOnTheBeat - Very good laid back beat. Good mix. 808 is just a bit too thumpy but still solid. Good instruments used throughout, the melody is on point.

@iNonxG - I really like the drum work on this one. The melody is good, works well with the vocal snippets. Sounds like a fight beat.

@SJAMBOK BEATS - I like the melody, good use of the synths. Drums work well with it, I just think it's a wrong choice of vocal snippet. Using Rihanna's voice and a fast tempo and it's borderline Pop.

@thebeatscook - Nice low end, that stands out the most. The lazy drums work well with that synth, good job on that. I like the drum work.

@Vtrain56 - I like this beat, good drums and piano is nice. I just wish the piano had more variet in it. Solid mix, good use of the space.

@Wesbeats - I really like this beat, the only issue is how quiet the mix is. But it's a solid beat, laid back night time beat.
Thanks bro. I appreciate the opportunity to showcase my work much respect.
I will continue to post new original sounds.
I’m feeling most of the cars on here this is pretty dope. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online