Warzone Beat Battle - January 7-8, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next battle will be from January 7-8th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on January 7th at 12pm ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we reach 16 contestants (whichever comes first).
Voting will be for 1 day, on January 8th at 12pm ET, where the results will be posted the same day.

Check out the Warzone ranks: https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-battles/?cat=war

*Note: check out https://www.worldtimebuddy.com to find out the correct time difference for your timezone.

When you signup, you MUST upload all 4 of your beats. The upload page will close at 8pm ET!

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: NONE
Time Limit: 1 minutes
Vocals Allowed: NO
Vocals on the Hook: YES

Rounds

*All times are in Eastern Time.
  • Round 1: 12pm - 1:30pm
  • Round 2: 1:45pm - 2:45pm
  • Round 3: 3pm - 3:45pm
  • Round 4: 4pm - 4:45pm
  • Results: 5pm

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

Voting Criteria

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

warzone_flyer2022010708.jpg

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
My dirty-ass, stinky beat review:

ROUND 1

@Andante - Moves nicely. Hits hard. Nice mix. Piano dope. Could use bass a little more but dope.

@Andrenergy - Very smooth. Drums laid back. The snare is interesting but I like it. Nice melody, I want it to keep going.

@A.R. DASUPASTAR - I like the melody, sounds like an intro. I wish the drums were harder though.

@Arkitekt - Hits hard. Horns are a nice little addition. Drums are on point, very good vibe.

@Bionicfuture - Piano is good, drums hit hard. There was that clipping when you did the stutter thing though. Nice mix, moves nicely.

@DeadBassRecords - Smooth, almost evil. Drum work is really nice. Bass is a bit heavy but fits well.

@Delta_Nine - Very smooth. Nice vibe. I just wish the melody had a different changeup but it's still good. Horns are a nice addition.

@Eugenedengineer - Very smooth on this one. I wanted it to keep going. I just wish the drums came in sooner. Nice mix.

@Face Valid - Funky vibe. I wish the bass was used a bit more. Drums are clean, good melody. Perfect for an MC.

@Fury Beats - Guitar is smooth but I wasn't crazy about how you jumped right into the piano, but it sounds good. It's just that transition jump.

@GuttaTennekey - Nice, laid back. Bassline was missing but the flute was really good.

@InnerThug - The beat is really good, nice drums and strings. The vocal snippet threw me off a bit, but other than that I like it.

@Iron Keys - Good low end. Synth string could be a bit less synthy but still fits well. The lead synth was dope.

@Jhbeatss - Very smooth but just not hitting in a Hip Hop way. Drums are very clean but could definitely use something to bump up the mix.

@Pcs shorty - Beat is good, I like where you're going with it. The mix could be better though, it sounded kinda hollow. A proper mix would really make this beat bang.

@Royaljthevibe - I really like this beat but that kick and bass is definitely in the red! Beat could use some variation though, but still hits hard.

ROUND 2:

@Andante - Nice mix. Not sure about the percussion on the right, maybe it's just a bit too loud. The beat's vibe is good, nice addition with Rakim.

@Andrenergy - Sounds good. I like the melody, I just think the drums should be a bit harder which would make the mix pop a bit more.

@A.R. DASUPASTAR - This one is a bit all over, but if you stick to the main thing you have at the beginning and add a dope drum loop that will definitely make this improve.

@Arkitekt - Dope drums. The low end sounds good, not too much, just right. Melody is on point, I think the parts with the strings at the end of the loop really make a difference.

@Bionicfuture - The melody is good, very smooth. For my tastes, I think the drums should be harder but what you have compliments the melody.

@DeadBassRecords - Good melody. I like when the beat drops in. Bassline is good, a bit too much but still sounds dope. Keys and drums are on point.

@Delta_Nine - Drum work is really good on this one. The sample could be better but you still kept it in the same lofi vibe. I like the changeup near the end, dope.

@Eugenedengineer - Piano is really nice. I wish you had a proper drum track come in. It's only 1 minute max so you should have it drop in earlier, for future reference. This one feels like it just ends too early.

@Face Valid - Drums are nice and clean. The piano and horns fit well. Bassline is just enough. I just feel something is missing. Maybe some light strings in the background.

@Fury Beats - Smooth piano. Even though it's a jazzy vibe, I think the drums should definitely pop more.

@GuttaTennekey - Drums and bass go really well together. Melody is dope. Vocal snippets I would take out, but the rest is on point.

@InnerThug - Nice intro. The snare sounds good for this vibe but the kick could be a bit harder, not so punchy. But it still goes well with the bass.

@Iron Keys - Bass is nice. I would remove the vocal snippets (I hate sped up vocals), but the piano and drum pattern is nice.

@Pcs shorty - Without the vocal parts in this, the bass sounds super evil, I'd like to hear more of it. Maybe put a nice, proper drum loop on this.

@Royaljthevibe - Evil bassline! I would like to hear a proper kick on this, but the handclap is a nice touch with a bit of that delay.

ROUND 3:

@Andante - This is my favorite from this battle. Very smooth. I love how the beat moves and that melody is very catchy. I can see this in a movie where some dude is walking and thinking about his life.

@Arkitekt - This beat is very dope. I think the drum pattern stands out. The melody is very good too, catchy. Very nice vibe.

@Bionicfuture - I like the drums, I think the melody should be louder and pop more in the mix.

@DeadBassRecords - Very nice drum work. Bass is on point. Melody is solid, and I like how it progresses.

@Delta_Nine - Nice intro. Good use of the sample. Drums could be a bit harder but the sample stands out.

@Face Valid - Good intro, it makes me nod my head, waiting for the beat to drop. Good sample, vocal snippets. Drums are nice.

@Fury Beats - This one could be a lot better with some changes like the drums. Hard hitting fast drums over this melody would be dope.

@GuttaTennekey - Drums sound good. Simple pattern but still sounds great with that bass. Melody is okay but the vocal snippet is dope.

FINALS

@Andante - Very nice! Evil. Good job on keeping the drums lively to go with the rest.

@Arkitekt - A bit too much with the vocal snippets but the beat hits hard. Very bouncy and heavy. Dope.

@Bionicfuture - This is another one that would sound much better with a livelier drum track. Other than that the bass is good and the vocals are a nice addition.

@DeadBassRecords - Piano sounds good. Drum work is dope. Bassline goes with it very well. Overall good mix.

@Fury Beats - Like the other one, a proper drum track (or break) would be great on this.

@GuttaTennekey - I like this one because it's bouncy. Bass could be tamed a little but the melody is dope.

Status
Not open for further replies.