Warzone Beat Battle - May 29-30, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 34
tbf back in the day probably like 85% of my tracks were strings+piano was on my DreStorch vibes.
lately i've started using more synth keys in place of piano, but i often start with a piano for any beat, just to build the chord structure and melodies. Maybe swap out sounds once i start harmonizing and other shit. But, yeah, strings and piano.. all day.. My sampling use to be predominantly classical music and opera. Stoupe is my favorite producer of all time. He rubbed off a bit.

tbf back in the day probably like 85% of my tracks were strings+piano was on my DreStorch vibes.
i dont think Im capable of making a beat without strings in it, could almost say the same for piano too hahaha. Piano is my go to instrument to establish what key im dealing with and the chord progression, and in finding that out, I usually have some piano chords laid out from the start, it sets my frame of reference so I know what keys I can use and which ones I cant. Then everything else is just an improvisation within that frame of reference.

StoneLockProd

New to the site
i dont think Im capable of making a beat without strings in it, could almost say the same for piano too hahaha. Piano is my go to instrument to establish what key im dealing with and the chord progression
boom, same. once you have that, you can take it apart and use different sounds to harmonize. But, starting with that base is ideal for me.

C4NTK33P5T1LL

I O U a clever tagline signed me
Battle Points: 200
lately i've started using more synth keys in place of piano, but i often start with a piano for any beat, just to build the chord structure and melodies. Maybe swap out sounds once i start harmonizing and other shit. But, yeah, strings and piano.. all day.. My sampling use to be predominantly classical music and opera. Stoupe is my favorite producer of all time. He rubbed off a bit.
Mate I Made A Monster Selection Of Classical Compositions Over Various Breaks & Beats
50 Minutes In Total !! Everything From Handel To Bartok To Mozart To Listz To Schubert To Brahms What A Fucking Ordeal It Was

StoneLockProd

New to the site
i'm starting to realize I'm selecting stuff that is more hype... more aggressive, etc. And guessing that others are persuaded in the same way... and then realizing.. I'm NOT bringing the right type of beats to these things!

i'm starting to realize I'm selecting stuff that is more hype... more aggressive, etc. And guessing that others are persuaded in the same way... and then realizing.. I'm NOT bringing the right type of beats to these things!
i have found that when it comes down to the wire in a battle, the more aggressive beat usually gets it. But sometimes a sample can be so smooth and dope and can still win even if its not the more aggressive beat. The subjective nature of it all is what can make anything happen and with so many close to call rounds, it really could go anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.