Warzone Beat Battle - November 10-11, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
thanks for the insight. any specific feedback?

Here's my feedback...
  • The intro was fire
  • The arpeggiated melody was dope
  • The voice sample was dope
  • The guitar stab overshadowed the kick drum and snare
  • Overall, track levels could have been mixed better
  • My ears where expecting the kick drum to knock after the build up. Kick sounded weak and lacked depth and volume.
  • Snare sounded weak and could've been paired with a harder hitting drum kick. Lacked volume and depth.
  • Overall composition of the song was nice

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
Here's my feedback...
  • The intro was fire
  • The arpeggiated melody was dope
  • The voice sample was dope
  • The guitar stab overshadowed the kick drum and snare
  • Overall, track levels could have been mixed better
  • My ears where expecting the kick drum to knock after the build up. Kick sounded weak and lacked depth and volume.
  • Snare sounded weak and could've been paired with a harder hitting drum kick. Lacked volume and depth.
  • Overall composition of the song was nice
awesome, thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: VVS
Damn @K-waz...posting beats from 2021? Can't even cook up something new for a battle? Beat still dope. Sounded like a throwback Just Blaze track. See...I can still be respectful and give someone their props.

BITtXXg.png
You found my beat tape DOPE! You know how many beats I have??? If you look what I wrote to Fade I wasnt going to battle till the last minute. My beats with never be freshly made for a battle unless its a theme or a sample to flip. I make 5 to 10 beats a day and you think I'm not going to use them?

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
I dont normally ask, but any chance I could get some feedback on my beat? Thought I had it in the bag TBH. Would like to know where I went wrong.

I could tell right away that it was yours, (drums, bass, mix) but sounds like you took a different approach this time... (No main sample if i'm right?)

My 2 cents:

In the intro there are some high frequency clicks. (Probably caused by the dark vocal sample (underground?) in the background)
At 0:26-0:27 theres some dissonant tones that threw me off. Throughout the beat theres a lot going on (drum change-ups, instruments fighting for headroom) which makes it a little fidgety to listen to.
As for the vibe of the beat, it's kind of melancholic. (It wouldn't be my first choice for entering a beat battle.)

It wasn't bad per se, but not something for a beat battle IMO.

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
I dont normally ask, but any chance I could get some feedback on my beat? Thought I had it in the bag TBH. Would like to know where I went wrong.

Just like I hate trap beats and vote for the other guy every single time, whoever voted againgst you might have a dislike of your style of production or you personally. I actually thought your beat was better to my ears just like I thought my beat was better than @dtay269.

I could tell right away that it was yours, (drums, bass, mix) but sounds like you took a different approach this time... (No main sample if i'm right?)

My 2 cents:

In the intro there are some high frequency clicks. (Probably caused by the dark vocal sample (underground?) in the background)
At 0:26-0:27 theres some dissonant tones that threw me off. Throughout the beat theres a lot going on (drum change-ups, instruments fighting for headroom) which makes it a little fidgety to listen to.
As for the vibe of the beat, it's kind of melancholic. (It wouldn't be my first choice for entering a beat battle.)

It wasn't bad per se, but not something for a beat battle IMO.
Thanks, yes the "main sample" is a combination of a few samples I used to build the basic loop. I was thinking it was probably down to how much was going on for a hip hop beat. It was built with a combination of lots of samples and composing, so far far far too much going on, but I really enjoy trying to make it work, its like a puzzle to me.
I should have saved the beat I posted in showcase the other day for a battle, but thought "its okay, Ill make another one". But yeah, makes sense, not really a battle vibe, and more me experimenting with a new way of doing things, and why Im interested in the feedback. I haven't had a chance to check out the low end at the studio, so Im not sure whats going on down there

Reactions: TWU
Just like I hate trap beats and vote for the other guy every single time, whoever voted againgst you might have a dislike of your style of production or you personally. I actually thought your beat was better to my ears just like I thought my beat was better than @dtay269.
Yeah, that can happen. It's why Fade tries to keep things anonymous. Im at a point now where I honestly dont care about keeping on winning, Ive won enough but deep inside I have this bastard ego that hates losing and is competitive as fuck, did I say it hates losing? Keeps me active though and driven to keep getting better and up my game.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
@K-waz nice beat.

Yours was the only I listened to...

Tho I was listening quietly out of phone speaker taking a shit whilst my girl slept.

Apparently she heard me go for a shit so I should have played it louder

Edit: just listened on headphones. Still good, mix is good... minus the bass. The bass sounds either a little too loud or a little too resonant. Bit of a headache. But rest of mix is really good.
The 'ahhh' even tho I love this sound, for rsomr reason it sounds a little cut and pasted, doesn't blend in for me how I'd like.
The section where the organs come in sounds incredibly familiar to me - no idea where from, just feel I recognised it. Unless I've seen you post it somewhere before.

Well done on the win.

FYI its a good beat, thats why I'm able to to be a little more critical on it. Just minor things.

Love

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
any specific feedback?
Good Beat.

Nothing really wrong with it tbh. Something sounded a little crunchy at one point.

The only thing maybe improve it is having an aggressive sustaining bass note when the kick hits. Like "BOOMPFNGGGGG" to add to that impact style.

Wasn't a fan of the skipping drums, just felt a bit odd to me. (I generally don't like typical swung drums. Sound too chirpy).

I think the main reason your beat would struggle here is more because it has EDM vibes to it.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.

Nothing wrong with it.

But maybe that's the problem, that's what it compels me to say. As opposed to saying it's dope.

mix is fine. My only beef is im not keen on the kick, doesnt have enough low thump for my taste.

Ultimately i think its this...
As it's the only thing I could have said about it.

I think the instruments etc make it very voteable... kinda like what Arvin does a lot too.

The beat you were up against to me had more of a 'vibe' that caught me. An attitude.

Hope this is insightful.

Nothing wrong with it.

But maybe that's the problem, that's what it compels me to say. As opposed to saying it's dope.

mix is fine. My only beef is im not keen on the kick, doesnt have enough low thump for my taste.

Ultimately i think its this...

As it's the only thing I could have said about it.

I think the instruments etc make it very voteable... kinda like what Arvin does a lot too.

The beat you were up against to me had more of a 'vibe' that caught me. An attitude.

Hope this is insightful.
From the responses Ive gotten, the vibe of the beat seems to be the issue, its just not a battle beat.
Sometimes the truth is hard to take, but take it I will, I will go and inform my GP I need a testosterone injection and a go buy some fanny wipes.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
From the responses Ive gotten, the vibe of the beat seems to be the issue, its just not a battle beat.
Sometimes the truth is hard to take, but take it I will, I will go and inform my GP I need a testosterone injection and a go buy some fanny wipes.

It sounds too cinematic. Like there's a woman on a train, she glances a stranger but didn't quite note his face, he has a grey satchel and dropped a ticket. She writes about it in her notebook.

As opposed to
FUCK YOU SUCK A DICK FUCK YOUR MOMZ PUNCH YOU IN DA FACE
Kind of music.

Doesn't have to be aggressive. But it was a slow-emotion.

It sounds too cinematic. Like there's a woman on a train, she glances a stranger but didn't quite note his face, he has a grey satchel and dropped a ticket. She writes about it in her notebook.

As opposed to
FUCK YOU SUCK A DICK FUCK YOUR MOMZ PUNCH YOU IN DA FACE
Kind of music.

Doesn't have to be aggressive. But it was a slow-emotion.
For my next beat, if it doesnt make you screw up your face and want to go out and punch motherfuckers in the face for no reason, then its not good enough.
If it doesnt make you tear neck tendons from the uncontrollable urge to nod your neck out of joint then Im not going to be happy. Thats my personal theme for the next warzone. Challenge accepted. My beat is coming to rape and pillage your beats daughters, lock them up, its not going to be pretty. *crosses fingers*

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
For my next beat, if it doesnt make you screw up your face and want to go out and punch motherfuckers in the face for no reason, then its not good enough.
If it doesnt make you tear neck tendons from the uncontrollable urge to nod your neck out of joint then Im not going to be happy. Thats my personal theme for the next warzone. Challenge accepted. My beat is coming to rape and pillage your beats daughters, lock them up, its not going to be pretty. *crosses fingers*
If it doesn't do that, it better at least tickle my balls!

@2GooD Productions if you ask me, there's too much going on in it, both harmonically and rhythmically, which is really hard to manage as a producer. if you had put verse 2 (if that's what u call the part after 1:20) in the start and THEN progressed it into a bigger sound, it'd have been less overwhelming, more easy to rap on so more "hip hoppy", and I think it would've gotten more votes. besides for that it sounds better than a lot of the beats up there, maybe you got an unlucky draw too cuz on any other day it probably would've placed, at least.

@2GooD Productions if you ask me, there's too much going on in it, both harmonically and rhythmically, which is really hard to manage as a producer. if you had put verse 2 (if that's what u call the part after 1:20) in the start and THEN progressed it into a bigger sound, it'd have been less overwhelming, more easy to rap on so more "hip hoppy", and I think it would've gotten more votes. besides for that it sounds better than a lot of the beats up there, maybe you got an unlucky draw too cuz on any other day it probably would've placed, at least.
Thanks, been trying out some new things and wasn't so sure how its going, the result in warzone wasnt very promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online