Was able to spend some real time with Studio one this weekend and WOW

• beat this! voting starts in...

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
You know my feeling in general is that you need to know Pro tools in side and out. But Studio One from Presonus is AMAZING! Crazy feature packed, really intuitive. And just smooth all around. It WILL replace samplitude in my workflow for CD layout and mastering. Very cool stuff for sure! Check it out if you are bored. It would be cool to see this DAW get some traction in the market.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
It certainly does have a dumb-easy way of doing things. I didnt spend that much time with it yet, but what I did like about it right out the gate was how simplified and straight forward many operations were in that app. Very clean aesthetic.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
i used it for a bit and i liked it, looks like logic, but i don t think it will be able to take the big boys on yet...

ill o.g.
I want this very bad. I now use FL Studio and am looking to purchase a Presonus interface. I will definetly have to upgrade to from Artist to Pro afterwords. I figure that the software will go hand in hand with the interface. Awesome stuff.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
From all the reviews i've read studio one is supposed to a combination of major DAW features, taking a little bit from each one. As of now im looking at the PreSonus FireStudio Mobile or the new mbox for a new interface. the fireStudio comes with studio one artist and can upgrade to the full version for $150. And of course the mbox has pro tools 8 for now. Im confused on what to get right now LOL...

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Could you tell of any sound quality differences between PT le 8 and Studio One? I know a lot of other procedures determine the sound quality of a track, just wondering did anything stand out sound wise.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
NO, there is not any real sound quality differences from DAW to DAW. It is not a good way to evaluate anything. Anyone who says otherwise is endorsing or selling you something.

On an Mbox demo a guy was promoting imporved sound. Sound quality when you record has more to do with the actual interface then the DAW your using?

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Yeah I think your signal chain plays a much more integral role in what your recordings sound like then the DAW's sound engine. I think its just become a good buzz word to sell products with, more then anything else... cuz the Mic you use, the interface you have, the converters it has, etc. are all really what makes your 1's & 0's sound the way they do.

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
dream, have you used this in tandem with the studiolive 16.4.2 or 24.4.2... my boy at presonus let me demo em both when he was in atlanta last week and they are fucking amazing... drag and drop settings from the board into the daw!?!? shit is nasty... fat channel could be a bit fatter IMO, but shit is mos def on point. Give it 5-6 years and studio one/presonus could be a house hold name.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
I used to think PreSonus was actually kinda cheap looking stuff until I heard a TLM149 & a regular go-to workhorse like a sm-57 through a Eureka channel strip...I was sold immediately after that. Their coupled transformer design provides a really dope sound.....later on, my pops actually copped one of their lower end USB interfaces too just so he could track some acoustic stuff and even that little cheapy box sounded pretty decent for the pricepoint, not to mention the rotaries felt super nice on it.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Presonus is so funny, I have actually heard them say "Anyone can make an good sounding pre amp that's expensive, thats boring. Its a challenge to create a good sounding pre amp thats inexpensive and allot more fun."

Now that is some geeky engineers LMAO