Watchmen

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Surprised to be the first one to post it up here, however has anyone seen this yet? anyone read the graphic novel back in the day?

I caught it last night, it's intense, kind of a mix between Spider-Man and Scarface.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I too am surprised more people haven't said anything about this movie.

I have yet to see it. I am waiting to see in the iMax. I get mixed reviews. People who are fans of the comic love it. But people who weren't familiar with it hated it.

I ain't that hyped because after seeing trailers for Terminator and Transformers... if you ain't got big bad ass robots fighting in the movie.... I do not care to see it.

Transformers and Batman just raised the bar too high for me.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
one of the best graphic novels, read it long time ago and still have it somewhere in my crib.

i'm curious about the quality and the changes made to adapt for film. 1 criticism from both camps is that the director, despite his success, isn't really a good director so it may lose it's impact.

Yeah 7th, I'm in the same boat as you, I read it a long time ago, I remembered bits and pieces of it, mostly the first chapter. I decided to see the movie before re-reading the graphic novel.
Glad I did, I knew enough to easily follow it and remember the characters, however the plot was fresh to me. I paged through the graphic novel today, and my conclusion is that they did a great job bringing it to screen, it's a good blend of real actors and location with CGI, it was well balanced.

I would say go check it out.

Now if they could only adapt Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns, then I would be a happy man...

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Saw it @ IMAX on Saturday...

It was pretty good...nothing really wow'ed me... The storyline was cool....It was a little on the long side.

Dr. Manhattan is kinda corny....plus they show his dick way too much in that movie (he's completely naked for most of it). There's a sex scene and almost a rape scene (for you sex lovers and deviants alike). A couple of funny parts (not too funny...but a chuckle, nevertheless).

Pretty gory at times...dudes blowing up in a bloody mess... Had a couple of twists in it....If you like movies like this, I suggest watching it. I will probably get it on Blu-ray...since the cinematography (sp?) is pretty cool...

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Pretty gory at times...dudes blowing up in a bloody mess... Had a couple of twists in it....If you like movies like this, I suggest watching it. I will probably get it on Blu-ray...since the cinematography (sp?) is pretty cool...

Yeah, your spelling is correct, I thought the cinematography was nice too, they did a good job with the photography on this movie.

I agree it was not amazing, however I was happy with it overall, they did justice to bringing this graphic novel to the big screen. Most comic adaptations suck, like both Fantastic Four movies were awful.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
I saw it last Friday. Interesting movie for the most part, I was slightly surprised when I saw a young child about 9-10 years old leaving the theater with his mother... espcially like Sucio said, it has some serious adult oriented subject matter.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
saw it two nights ago and really enjoyed it.

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
i'm curious as how people take it. it was extremely influential in comics but unfortunately most didn't get the point and instead to the easiest thing from it, over the top violence and cynicism and thus the anti-hero became the norm, especially the damn near psychotic anti-hero. it also helped bring back punisher and change him from psycho (check one of his earlier appearances in spiderman) to anti-hero with new limits.

prior to this, you would be hardpressed to find a hero commiting rape. alan moore did shit that a lot of us always wanted challenging the status quo in comics and exposing the taint, his take on miracleman...effin brutal, v for vendetta, league for extraordinary gentlemen (with the invisible man raping and in turn getting a full cup of karma. they ruined it with that crappy movie), the old heroes of the universe running a pedo ring and committing murder to cover it up in Top 10, and of course his slant on swamp thing.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
I seen this with my wife a couple days ago, and was pre-warned about the blue penis.lol.(which is why I didn't go to Imax) Besides the action scenes, the story was just eh to me, nothing special. I wouldn't buy this movie.

members online