Waves Diamond Bundle...nahh.

• beat this! voting starts in...

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
I guess what I'm getting at is that it needs to leave the crib sounding as good as possible. Done properly, there's very little an engineer has to do with it except tweak a knob here or there.

It needs to leave the crib unmixed, you could find yourself in the studio with tracks that cant be fixed because you have used effects like compression or reverb.

You still have to pay for that engineer regardless if he turns a few knobs or gives you a professional mix. He is there for a good reason, use him.

Also you run into another problem, you will have to mix the vocals around the track when it should be the other way around.

If your taking your tracks to a studio there is no logical reason to mix.

~NW~

O

open mind

It needs to leave the crib unmixed, you could find yourself in the studio with a tracks that cant be fixed because you have used effects like compression or reverb.

You still have to pay for that engineer regardless if he turns a few knobs or gives you a professional mix. He is there for a good reason, use him.

Also you run into another problem, you will have to mix the vocals around the track when it should be the other war around.

If your taking your tracks to a studio there is no logical reason to mix.

~NW~

agreed.

eka

Mad samplist productions
ill o.g.
It needs to leave the crib unmixed, you could find yourself in the studio with tracks that cant be fixed because you have used effects like compression or reverb.

Also you run into another problem, you will have to mix the vocals around the track when it should be the other way around.

~NW~

I don't agree totaly on these things.
I use a lot of fx when I'm creating a track, also compression and verb among other things.
They are essential to the way I want my beat to sound so I put them in during production.
I keep in mind though that the track has to be mixed, but it's totaly ridiculous not to use them.
The engineer don't know how you want your beat to sound, his job is to improve the track not create it, that's my job!!

Why not mix the vocals around the track?
Every track is different so you have to approach each track different.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I don't agree totaly on these things.
I use a lot of fx when I'm creating a track, also compression and verb among other things.
They are essential to the way I want my beat to sound so I put them in during production.
I keep in mind though that the track has to be mixed, but it's totaly ridiculous not to use them.
The engineer don't know how you want your beat to sound, his job is to improve the track not create it, that's my job!!

Why not mix the vocals around the track?
Every track is different so you have to approach each track different.

I agree!

Update: I turned around on my first post in this thread. These plugins are amazing. I've been using the L2 to give my tracks that lil extra.