Way to go London!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
You dont get to see the populace attack royalty screaming "Off with their heads!" much anymore, but massive riots across London at one point involved a crowd attacking Prince Charles car with him and his main squeeze inside of it!
Pretty cool, Im sure that 2Good was in there somewhere !

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/12/10/prince-charles-car-smash.html

Also lots of good footage of crowds clashing with police hardcore, with even cops getting their asses whooped.
So you say you wanna a revolution ....

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I heard part of it was because they were raising college cost to $14000. Thats three times what student are currently paying. I had to do the math, so to goto college in the UK was just under $5000. I would riot to if that was the case. Someone correct me if my info is wrong.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I was blessed to have scholarships, but most of my friends owe so much in school loans they will never pay them off. And some didnt even finish college and still have the loans to pay off.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
wow, Im in the wrong country smh

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Stress, Prince Charles doesn't run ish, the king and queen do, as prince his role is to observe the commonwealth only. Has nothing to do with slavery but even if it did, todays slavery is a mentality, not raising the cost to go to college.

Here are the ones responsible...
The vote put Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg and his Liberal Democrat party in an awkward spot. Liberal Democrats signed a pre-election pledge to oppose any such tuition hike, and reserved the right to abstain in the vote even though they are part of the governing coalition proposing the change.

Thinking it's wrong to attack 2 people that had nothing to do with it is a mentality that keeps up slaves? Wut chu bin drank'n?

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Unfortunately, university tuition cannot stay frozen, it has to increase at some point, it's just not realistic otherwise. While the fee hike in England seems a bit high, whenever there's a protest here about an increase, even if it's a small increase, the students go crazy. If people want quality education, they can't expect it to be exempt from price increases. With the way the economy is these days, it's not just us who suffer, everyone does. There's two sides to every coin. Anyways, my two cents.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Kinda crazy...they attacked because they have all this money and the commoners are the ones that have to shell out more money to go to school...nearly 3x increase...? It's crazy...And when something is promised and then the complete opposite happens, it will anger some people.

Precog

I Phantom
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
i admit some of its been a bit over the top but the main thing that has pissed us students off is that i think a few of us (not me) voted for lib dems for some of their new ideas and a promise that fees would not change. then as soon as they have a chance to actually get some power they jump at it and just forget about all the promises they made that got them there in the first place. and we all hate tories anyway, knew this would happen, apparently they are gonna introduce a newer scholarship system for all the people too poor to go to university now but ive read about it, its absolutely shit and will never work. from a personal point of view it will probs mean they'll be less people with degrees competing for jobs in the future, but its just not right is it

.....also, i understand there alot more people who want to go university now due to the recession and less jobs. but its not our fault (the youth) that we are in this situation. and realistically we are going to be the ones over the next few years with fresh new ideas who are gonna hopefully bring us out of it, but we need the tools to do so

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Yeah me too, to me thats one of the dirtiest tricks a government can pull on it's people. If the economy was up to par, then an increase would be possible but NOT 3x the price. Thats waaaay too much at one pop. Maybe a gradual increase over some time wouldn't hurt as bad. In order for the students to get a quality education, the price will have to increase, it will attract better professors and provide better tools for learning but damn, dirty politics is definitely NOT the answer to this problem.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Man..the Dems are getting the treatment the repubs here are getting...Lol..

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
Unfortunately, university tuition cannot stay frozen, it has to increase at some point, it's just not realistic otherwise.[...] If people want quality education, they can't expect it to be exempt from price increases. With the way the economy is these days, it's not just us who suffer, everyone does. There's two sides to every coin. Anyways, my two cents.

I disagree with that. I have studied both in Germany and in the UK and I have mixed feelings on the tutions topic: On one hand I envied British students for the modern labs and equipment, top notch computers, utopian bandwidth and stuff, on the other I realized that all that doesn't guarantee for a good education.
In Germany (depending on the state you live in), you pay either nothing or up to about 1000$ per year, but studying in Germany was ten times tougher. I had 45hrs of lectures every week, whereas in the UK it was 12. I was lucky I had a scholarship, because paying more than 2000 pounds for what I learned in the UK would have been a misunderstanding.

I also don't like the idea of piling up debts for an institution to take the money and invest it in, let's say fancy architecture.

from a personal point of view it will probs mean they'll be less people with degrees competing for jobs in the future, but its just not right is it

My personal opinion is that too many people are going to higher education now, getting degrees where there just isnt enough jobs for all the highly educated people. And they are unwilling to do lower paid jobs because they are "Above manual labour".
There is only so many jobs.

What I really disagree with is the way those that got their educations for free, are now telling the younger generation that they will have to pay for theirs.
All Ive seen in my lifetime is government selling off all of its assets...
education, healthcare, rail, water, etc,etc,etc, but yet taxes keep going up.
All of this is down to the simple fact that we borrowed loads of money to give to the banks(the real criminals) who now are not lending it out,(keeping the money supply low - continuing recession) and now there is talk of even more bailouts.
Bailout = sellout of our chilrens future into finacial enslavement to the very criminals that created the problem in the first place. If one of your chickens gets killed by a fox, you dont then go and give all of your chickens to the fox.
But it seems in this day and age of brainwashing the masses, thats exactly what you do.
Its the banks that people should be rioting about, not the cost of education, thats the least of the kids worries right now. The reason all the cost cutting is happening is for one reason......to service the debt our country has taken on, without our consent, to give to the banks.