weeeed

ill o.g.
I went to rehab and learned a lot. Its called dependency. Your startin to forget how to do things when your sober and you learning how to do everything when your high. So your becoming dependent on weed to be your musical motivation instead of whatever used to motivate you.

Alright, enough of the lesson.

Yea,
i get lazy a lot when im high. It usually depends on the weed though. I got a crzy dealer, he's always got different shit. Sometimes itll make me wanna just sit there and look at the fuckin wall. Sometimes the shit makes me wanna go watch tv. Some shit makes me feel more like workin on music, but most of the shit makes me kinda lazy.
For me it depends on how much you smoke and what kind you smoke.

benny beatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
Ganja and music go hand in hand. In fact, a major reason why marijuana is illegal in the united states is because of this connection. Black jazz musicians (cab calloway, tons of others, his name is the only one coming) were tokin up during the twenties and makin major hits. This era was similar to the the cultural revolution that occured during the "hippie generation" of the 60's (also inspired by marijuana and other psychedelic drugs). Women were wearing short skirts, and goin out and gettin wasted and havin fun goin to dancehalls and shit, while they were more traditionally oppressed before this time. White politicians saw black people, who less than a couple of generations ago were slaves, heavily influencing "white" culture and most frighteningly, their women. I pretty much came up with this conclusion after doing some research on the topic for a sociology paper focused on the issue of marijuana prohibition. There were other factors such as the mexican immigration in the southwest. There are government records of legislatives hearings in which doctors and scientists stated that marijuana was not harmful, but were criticized and dismissed for something like "hindering progress". Hit me up if u wanna read the paper.

The indians (asians) have known about it for awhile. I recently realized that indian "Bhangra" music is quite similar to the word "Bhang" the indian drink made with alcohol and marijuana. Bhangra music is some dope shit... Really cool rythms. There was a hit song somewhat recently by "Panjabi MC's" that was like bhangra. An indian friend of mine introduced me to the music... The only conclusion I can come to is that Bhangra music is either made by people who are high, or it is best enjoyed when high, most likely, both.

I definitely don't smoke like I used to when I was in high school. I smoke a few times a week or less these days. I definitely appreciate the stone every time i smoke, its special. The other night I smoked up, layed in my hot tub and looked at the stars on a totally clear night. I really connected with the earth and felt like I almost "saw God". I recently got some good outdoor homegrown shit (I hate chemmy ass hydro) and I've been lovin it. The problem I have with weed is I stay up forever when I smoke it. For instance I blazed up with my boy at around 9 tonight and its 1:15 now and i still somewhat baked. You just get in the zone doin whatever you're doin. I'm avoiding the studio tonight because I have to wake up somewhat early tomorrow and I know if I get goin with a beat I might end up stayin up all night. I brought my books over to do some studying, but instead I'm sitting here typing an essay for Illmuzik. God bless marijuana.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
StressWon said:
Yo, I'm high right now,,,and it dont make me lazy,,,cause I'm about to go twirl up another!

,,,BONGGGGGGGGG! LOL

I think it totally depends on tha person cuz some cats jus get hella comatose and others wanna go play some b-ball or whatever?!....Me, i like to jus chill usually - and most often it depends on tha strain of bud that it is....like that sativa shits my fav cuz its more uppidy and happy, gives me of a happy pep, but that other shit like tha indica for example jus gets me fuckin wasted and i dont wanna move! lol....

I dont really smoke no more tho due to always hatin every new job i get lately and therefore i dont feel like stressin to pass a piss test if i cut and look for a new job, but i am a sucker for a good bowl of tha greeny....And i actually really dig gettin lit before i drop a beat, tho it isnt necessary for me to do so...It jus changes my perspective, and listen and feel tha beat out different - I do think it makes your creative process change in that repsect.

benny beatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
follow up on my previous post: i was so lazy today from smokin last night i slept thru my 10 am and 2pm class...

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
benny beatz said:
follow up on my previous post: i was so lazy today from smokin last night i slept thru my 10 am and 2pm class...

Benny, take it from a pro,,,
when i was in College I would smoke the night before,,,,get to class early so I can toke up before class. I actually did better in class the days I was high! LOL

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
changalang said:
any tips on how to accelerate a high besides smoking more lol

When I was a "smoker" cigarette smoker that is, a stoge alwayssparks up a high. Especially someone who doesnt smoke cigarettes because they all light headed. Other then that,,,one shot, and i do mean ONE Chang, of any strong ass booze. I prefer Jack Daniels. Believe it or not, it makes a nice high feel better. But dont over do the J.D.!

,,,,if all else fails,,,get a blow job! Works for me!

B

Blood Bruthaz

hell yeah

erkl said:
any of you loose motivation to work on tracks and beats unless you smoke some trees ?
im startin to get that way, i dont feel like doin anything unless im high lol

lol...man i'm the same way...now i'm to the point where i only smoke when workin in the lab...it relaxes my mind and i can hear things alot easier. Might sound crazy but it works for me.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/bloodbruthazproductionsmusic.htm

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
erkl said:
any of you loose motivation to work on tracks and beats unless you smoke some trees ?
im startin to get that way, i dont feel like doin anything unless im high lol

I just started getting high and messin around wit fruity loops. my shit hits the spot when you wanna create shit.

Sometimes, I get so into makin a tight track that I start to lose my high. It's all good tho. Hittin da ghanja is where it's at when it comes to findin' ill samples. It's not a preffered method to makin' a beat, but it's what I'll do if I'm not plannin on leavin da crib that day. HolLa!!!

MadManBeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
one day all of u are gonna quit smoking, its bad for you, ur gonna have mad pain in ur lungs and ish, u guys need to grab a hold of ur life and take charge..........hold up the blunts comin 2 me lemme hit it real quick...................ok where was i, the bomb weed is in cali.....ive been in boston for like a year the weed sux, its all seeds and stems and shit, and u feel mad stupid when u smoke, cali gets u high off that shit...anyway....."hey hey hey hey, smoke weed everyday"

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
i always wanna make beats. but when im cheebahed' out i dont stop. lose track of time whatever.
LOVE it , cant stop, wont stop