Week of April 18, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Nice flip manguino I loved the keys in this sample and I'm glad to see somebody else use em and those unquantized drums sounded good maby a touch sloppy in a spot or 2 but that just makes it human. Overall a good bluesy flip.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i decided not to add any drums or anything, i just did a lot of layering..i did decide to put a GZA verse on top though
http://www.myspace.com/mourningthislastknight

iceman-i was really feeling this one. it all melds together nicely.

mercurywaters- the drums are banging but the bass drum is a tad bit too distorted

low g-no complaints that i can put a finger on. just not feeling it. not my style i guess.

open mind- i like the drums and the way the sample sounds. they just don't seem to fit together.

manguino-very nice. the different elements sound congruent or soemthing

skidflow-this one sounds creative but the mixing and EQing are taking away from it

O

open mind

skidflow: feelin this dog u just need to work on your mixing skills.try to balance your diffrent freqs better.

lowg: very smooth flip it flows well sounds like a nice baked cake.but i dont like the filtering of the vocal sample its too harsh it disturbs the smooth picture u know.the chops are cutted perfect.

MourninDaKnight: the chops sounding nice. i would def add drums to it u lazy bone :D .gza fits perfect on the joint.

yeah u def. are right about my drums they dont fit with the sample.i will try a diffrent pattern and maybe soft the drums they coming too hard after hearing it again.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Skidflow - Nice At keeping the blues there but you may have wanted to push the drums more to the back.

Knight- cool loop, but it needs that beat there..good idea.

Manguino- This is cool, it still seems a lil choppy off beat though like if it were tightened up just a bit it would be reaaalll right.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
ICEMAN - 8/10
Good chop, just needs an emcee on it now.

LOW G - 8/10
Good chop. Great swing. I like the use of the vocal samples.

OPEN MIND - 7/10
Good chop, but the kick was harsh. Very hard kicks. I have the opposite problem, my kicks are usually too soft.

MANGUINO - 8/10
You had the cleanest sound sonically. That shit was CD ready. Nice build up and arrangement.

SKID - 7/10
Good chop, but not as good as the beats I gave eights to.

MOURNIN - N/A... couldn't get it it to work, maybe later

MERCURY - 9/10
This was dope. Very creative use of the sample. Instead of just chopping and rearranging, you really bent the loops up alot.

I was wokring on a beat but I stopped to work on the Beat This kit. I'll post my BB King beat later tonight.

:::WORD:::

Gene Flo

"Current Events" OUT NOW! www.TheVerbalImage.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
Im down here chillin in Chile haha but this is good cuz I dont have any samples with me so imma head back to my apartment and have somethin done in about an hour

PEACE!!

O by the way MERC you are a beast man....

your track is why imma try and flip this sample different then ever....

I have updated the track with some scratches and a bit from B2K's UhHuh. I just threw in as a demonstration of the tracks usage. I will probably add another hiphop verse if i can find one.

www.dj2good.co.uk/Latest-MusicPlayer.html
"Youll Be Sorry"

I added B Reals verse from East Coast West Coat Killer to it as well.
The vocals are like I said just to show possible usage.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
INSANE - 8/10
Nice chop. Sounds like some WuTang.

SPANISH - 8/10
Good chop. Nice bassline work. I like the double kicks too.

2 GOOD - 8/10
I lik ethe fact that you made it a full remix instead of just a beat. I liked the beat but I didn't like the extra synth sounds. Other than that, it was dope to me.

This was the hardest sample to flip. I am still having a hard time flipping it. I probably wont post my finished version until this thread is cloased and locked and we start a new flip. I wont give up on it though.

Nice job fellas.

Feedback

Iceman. I really like this, it really sounds hiphop. Great flip.

MercuryWaters. Thats some mad filtering going on, i like it. Slightly repetetive, but it still works.

Low G. This is good, reminds me of the music to Taxi. Slightly repetetive,but still good.

Open Mind. I like this flip also, its a bit short tho.

Manguino. Another great flip, i really like the this one. I like the drum sounds and pattern, and the sample repetitions.

SkidFlow. Sorry Im not feeling this one, the way the pitch changes feels uncomfortable for me.

MourningDaKnight. Apart from the acapella sounding low in the mix and the way it all ends this one is ok.

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
2good - Sounds good man definitely an all around complete sounding track.

InsaneMF - This one moves aorund alot. I like some parts and others I'm not feeling as much. Still a good flip tho.

spanishharlem - This is cool I'm feelin this one nice and mellow. Reminds me of drinking in a park on a lazy summer afternoon.

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Made a quick joint today while I was at work. Didn't really get a chance to totally dedicate myself to the sample but oh well. Just thought I'd share it with the Fam. Im in the process of checking out everyone elses so I can leave feedback. Check me at www.soundclick.com/knoxraw. It's called "The Thrill"

Schizo-Manic

b33lz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
iceman- nice job with keeping that blues feel good chops selection

mercury- crazy filtering well done sound different from the norm

low g- nice uptempo track it works nice drums

openmind- nice use of that guitar plus good chops

manguino- good mixing on this one everything fits nicely

skidflow- its cool nice job

MourninDaKnight- add them drums the melody is on point

2good- dope flip it sounds clean

spanishharlem- dope kick and bassline the chops are straight

knowraw- nice low end and guitar sounds good chops the drums are ok but could be better

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
2good im feelin that.. like crazy.

especially that chorus relates to what i been goin thru

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
2good thats hot! Nice "remix"...Flip w/e... nice..Im trippin!
Can I move there and be your flat mate? ::No Homo:: lol

Knox Raw- good filtering at the start.The kix sound as if you want them to knock but ended up small.The other filtering doesnt seem to have gone as well..This aint bad but it left me wanting.

spanish-its a good flip

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online