Week of July 10, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
WAY too choppy and didn't FLOW well huh? Damn.....didn't do either at all? OK!
If I'm gonna attempt to flip samples I guess I need a model to go by.
Flip it Classic so I can get my learn on!

If i find some spare time ill give it a shot.. (but no promises)

but either way it dosent really change my opinion of ur flip.. yours and low -g's beats were real stop and start and choppy and dident flow well.. For me choppping isent about just cutting the sample but putting it back togher so it flows almost like a new sample... So far (in my opionion) magino's beat is the only one who has done that ...

class...

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
If i find some spare time ill give it a shot.. (but no promises)

but either way it dosent really change my opinion of ur flip.. yours and low -g's beats were real stop and start and choppy and dident flow well.. For me choppping isent about just cutting the sample but putting it back togher so it flows almost like a new sample... So far (in my opionion) magino's beat is the only one who has done that ...

class...

Wow... I'd appreciate being left out of this thanks... To be honest it just sounds like you listened to 5 seconds and shut it off... Manguino deffinately has a sick flip tho but this one is between you and Drama Boi and I'd appreciate you not stepping on my toes like that unless you speak to me directly.

classic

ill o.g.
Wow... I'd appreciate being left out of this thanks... To be honest it just sounds like you listened to 5 seconds and shut it off... Manguino deffinately has a sick flip tho but this one is between you and Drama Boi and I'd appreciate you not stepping on my toes like that unless you speak to me directly.

what the hell????? who is stepping on ur toes?? Between me and drama boi??

ur sounding real senstive right now dude... I listened to everyones beats for the entire duration(i always do that)... and notice when i gave feedback i said "In my opionion" I put u and drummer boi togher in the review becasue yall flipped the sample in a simlar way(choppy) hence the comments.....

sheesh if u dont want honest feedback dont post ur ish... Or, Ignore what i said and move on...

class....

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
It had nothing to do with the review... I just took something the wrong way. I feel like a moron and appologize. I don't even know why I posted that earlier it's not much in my character but it's up there now so I can't do much about it.

Peace

classic

ill o.g.
It had nothing to do with the review... I just took something the wrong way. I feel like a moron and appologize. I don't even know why I posted that earlier it's not much in my character but it's up there now so I can't do much about it.

Peace

its not a problem at all on the net words can have different meanings... For the record ur track was solid work just not my thing..either way lets just both move on...

be easy

class...

classic

ill o.g.
see.. this is what im talkin about right here... you had me till u started getting lil smart with ur comments?? yea of course in the end if u like a track thats all that matters.. and no this is not a competition...

i take that stance as well but wtf is with all ur senstivity?? nobody is trying to make this thread or the showcase into a compeition, the whole point of this thread is to flip the sample post it and recive feedback from others(same with the showcase) So i gave u my opionion on ur track (and others) and your acting like i have a personal ventetta against or something(maybe its in my head its hard to tell threw typing), I just thought mangs was the standout so far and I gave my reasons why..
take your own comments to heart .. in the end if u like the track you did thats all that matters... If you dont want opionions from others.. Then dont post. as for MY opionion on ur track, you can take it or leave it.. U (and others on this site as well) seem far to senstive at times about feedback... IN this biz you gotta have thick skin...

. Flip n samples is a learning process for me. Something brand new. We don't really do that down south.
gotta correct you here.. SOme of the illest producers fromt the south have been flipping samples from day one..
Timbo/ Danja hands/ organized noise/ Dugeon Fam / knotts / Missy / DJ toomp / The are, etc..etc..etc..
Its only recently has the south gotten overwhelmed with this new wave, 2 finger synth b.s...(but thats a whole nother topic) lol

classic

ill o.g.
Shit lets speak our minds then i dont have a problem with a good discussion as long as it stays constructive...

I'm sure you know how thick your skin has to be to do it the music game....u been so ON in the game and all.
there u go again man.. I am by no means in the biz or full time or even part time.. but im definaly at the point where im getting feedback(postive & negtive) from people on the fringes of the industry. SO no ,im by no means a big wig but i do know a little something.... anyways...im just gonna hush on that and let my music speak for itself..
...I'm talking about waaaay down south. Most catz from North Kack on up don't really consider themselves southern unitl there in front of a camera and they know where the money is flowing in the game right now. Most catz down here that do sample just loop that shit drop a beat on it and ride it. Not many try to diquise shit. .
Secondly...I think your wrong bout sampling in southern hip hop, its been around since the begenning i can comment about southern hip hop production BECASUE I AM FROM THE SOUTH.... Tampa, florida... born and raised.. went to florida state university Ive only been in brooklyn for 2 years so please dont get it twisted... I know my southern hip hop..

now some cats like UGK used loops to just ride to the beat like you said but other artist like 8ball and mjg, Cool breeze,Slim cutta, trick incoprated samples and live musicans wayyyy back in 94-98 before the big synth crunk crazy. The Poineers of southern hip hop GETO boys made it with my minds playing tricks on me... LUKE was flipping and chopping samples with geto bass back in 89-93, same with 69 boys and quad city dj's, then u got cats like dj magic mike and jam poney express who were doing the same thing...POINT BEING.. dont give me that..ohh we dont sample down here bull Shit.. thats something that cats who dont know southern music would say...( i would expect somebody from new york to say some shit like that)

ALSO im pretty sure cats from noth kack have been claming the south for awhile man.. just ask beats 101 on this site...

I intern'd at Organized Noise when I was in school for Music and Entertainment Management at the Art Institute of Atlanta so I know how they did it. I'm sure you know how thick your skin has to be to do it the music game....u been so ON in the game and all.

Orgainzed noise are my fav producers, they are my idols, the way cats look at dj premire or dre is the way i look at O.N. I can honestly say my style is based off emulating them.. (if you do a search on my previous posts u will see that) so the question is this, if u interned with such dope producers ...
then why you posted beats hanging around here dog???

class

P.S sorry bout Hijacking the thread ill leave it up to the mods to let this fly or not..

classic

ill o.g.
I said me and u can go on and on and on. Shit solves nothing...I tell u what..I'm gonna handle it like this. From this day forward....I don't exist around here....and to me....u don't exist either. I.E I post shit.....u look right past it...u post shit.....I look right past it. It's probably for the best. B Ez. ONE!

Its not that serious
im a grown ass man with a job ,a real life and, a soft girl who cooks for me every night.. u think i care if we disagree or not.. i was looking foward to a better discussion then that.. only reason why i mentioned the intern with O.N is casue u wanna make it seem like i think IM A BIG wig makin moves and thats not the case...Also i think u made alot of assumptions about me without realizing that im the #1 of southern hip hop(real southern hip hop not synthed out wack shit)

U can aviod me if u want but like i said it aint that serious... if u post a beat in the showcase or start another discussion ill still responed.. U should be able to disagree with someone without "drama"

be easy..

class...

Iszazial

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
these are definatly some decent flips!

first of all that discussion was a little misdirecting considdering this is the third page and i though i was going to hear some creative shit instead of some silly jibberjabber about some misunderstood beat in both of your guys opions. ( pardon me if i only read so much to understand the entire thing (no offence ofcorse)).

manguino -

tight shit man. i definatly enjoyed your heavy kick which seemed to give the beat a perfect sence of level to those distant tones in places. I can clearly understand the meaning of this beat. nice flow and the rythem sounds like some heavy heavy r&b or a mixture of spokenword and a slow vibe of hiphop (just how i listened to it of corse). in my opinion your kicks make your beat hot but in further i like how you choped your cuts and took the time to specialize that nice sound with your fx. all in all i think you did an excellent job of flipping this sample for what its worth and by the creativity and sound of it i can also clearly understand this is obviously not the best beat you ever made but good enough to say check this shit out cuz that sample is real nasty.

Low G-

honestly i slightly got turned off when you brought the kick and snare in from the start and faded in(kinda sounds a little plane). however, once you hook pops in its instant nice. there is not much to say here other than the way you vibed out the beat with the reverb and almost like you got some delay in there. short and simple is the way i prefur which you hit right on the key. striaght up basic which makes it tight.

Lil Drama Boi

wow, you obvious take it away when it comes to saying who took the most creative approach. however, when saying things can get complicated they can most definatly get overcomplicated and confusing when cuting a sample so many times and eqing the shit out of your bass's/kick's and such just to mesh with your sound of sample after such a huge conglomerate of choped pieces. this i can most realate to and like the way you came out with it. there were a few things about the volocity with the bassline that just didn't seem to express enough (only out of perspective of what i would assume your were trying to do). if that bass were more clear then honestly i dont thing you would have so much of a choppy sound. definatly something i could hear some nasty lyrics on. kinda reminded me of some krs-one shit.

anyways dems my 2 cents and i think i may put something together and poper on here.
pz

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
Lil Drama- I Sense No Structure In Your Chops My Dude...just Take Some Time Out And Work On Your Sample Game. Has Potential Though.

Low Gravity- I Kinda Like The Gradual Progreesion At The Beginning That Leads To The Main Groove. Decent Flip I Must Say

Manguino- Smooth...i'm Definitely Feelin This No Complaints. Good Job

I TOOK A LATE STAB AT IT...TITLED:
"TEARIN IT DIZZOWN"
http://www.showcaseyourmusic.com/SKIDFLOW

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
Yep and they're getting to the money to so that's another topic as well.

Most catz from North Kack on up don't really consider themselves southern unitl there in front of a camera and they know where the money is flowing in the game right now. Most catz down here that do sample just loop that shit drop a beat on it and ride it. Not many try to diquise shit. You named a few....out of the hundreds that's doing it down here that ain't many! I intern'd at Organized Noise when I was in school for Music and Entertainment Management at the Art Institute of Atlanta so I know how they did it. I'm sure you know how thick your skin has to be to do it the music game....u been so ON in the game and all.

I'm from North Cack, I'm southern and proud of it. I just was'nt raised on Southern Hip Hop. Where I'm from, if you over the age of 30 and you listen to hip hop you'll probably have a more east coast influence. I did'nt really here southern rap until Outkast and whatnot (Idon't know if I should consider Texas emcees southern or midwest but they are deeply rooted in the dirty south sound also) I'll admit I've pumped out a few dirty south joints but I had to study the "dirty south" sound structure which doesn't take much effort to learn...lets see, some 808's, disco snares, high hats, and some synth work. Sampling brings so much depth to your music especially if your not a keyboardist and can't really pump out synth notes and chords properly. One thing I credit Southern hip hop for is creating its on genre in hip hop called "crunk" music. it's some catchy shit

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Lil Drama- I Sense No Structure In Your Chops My Dude...just Take Some Time Out And Work On Your Sample Game. Has Potential Though.

Low Gravity- I Kinda Like The Gradual Progreesion At The Beginning That Leads To The Main Groove. Decent Flip I Must Say

Manguino- Smooth...i'm Definitely Feelin This No Complaints. Good Job

I TOOK A LATE STAB AT IT...TITLED:
"TEARIN IT DIZZOWN" (follow sig link)

The sample on bass part is hard! I like it. U can def. tell by everything u drop u got the sample shit down. Me...I'll do it when it calls for it..I'm not going to base my whole game on it. The wording on the southern beef was probably not accurate on my part but u kind of proved my point. U were raised on basically up north hip hop. That was basically my point. Good job on the flip.

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
skid - the verse was nice, i thought the intro was a bit long, i was waiting a long time for the song to drop. the drums were nice, i thought the second and third bass drum could have come earlier. i was a little confused at first what the pattern of the song was, but it's still pretty solid song. nice myspace layout by the way!

i'm going to say one thing about the responses in this thread. it's pretty ridiculous how people post up a beat and get extremely defensive when someone critiques it. the way i see it, if someone takes the time to listen to the song, and try to give you CONSTRUCTIVE ways to make your song better, why defend the song the way it is? take the criticism to heart and open your ears and at least consider it. i sometimes think my stuff is amazing at first, but people point out inconsistencies, and then figure out "woah, my work is actually garbage, thanks for the tip!" and move on with a better idea of what i need to work on.

not sure what i'm actually getting at, but i just wish people wouldn't let their egos get in the way of actually progressing and learning as an artist.

Status
Not open for further replies.