week of July 20. 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schizo-Manic

b33lz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
true indeed that sample spoke to me after I heard it..it needed to be flipped asap..
(nice sample selection relic)

nice flip 2good has a west coast feel to it
took a complete different approach...
here is a quick flip "exercise the vocalz"

2good, did you add that piano in there it sounds nice

the arkitekt - big pun - firewater.mp3 - 2.83MB

my flip, didnt spend too much time on it, pun vocals on it

nice sample relic
Although its a sample flip, I chopped real small and composed with the chops and then composed everything over that. The track is pretty much 95% composed, including the piano. I could probably even get away with not clearing the sample on this, its so unrecognizable.
I really outdid myself on this flip, its my favorite beat Ive made so far.
Id like to thank Classic for the inspiration on it.
Now right, wheres all them damn mc's at?
I wanna get Viceverse, Stress and maybe even Skid on this track, thats if hes not too rusty. lol

T

The Arkitekt

thanks relic, i just have a question though not just to you, whys everyone spell my name like arkitect, its arkitekt

T

The Arkitekt

Hey Arkitect We apologize.

Contents.. Wait a sec..

lol,
i'm not trying to be a dick about it or anything, i'd just appreciate it if everyone said my name right, and kontents, you know i never called you "contents"

T

The Arkitekt

yo stress both of us were mistaken liquid swords is sampled from willie mitchel or something, i think shadow boxing was sampled from this ann peebles song though

Gene Flo

"Current Events" OUT NOW! www.TheVerbalImage.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
sorry i fucked the shit outta this girl right here and she's knockin real hard if u know what I mean???!!!!??!

"Trouble"
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=483843&songID=6746697

2 good - this is raw right here...this is real cool...i like how you used the sample only for like ambiant effect...its pretty much a composed track...what VST are you using for this??? overall dope feel...

Schizo - This is crazy haha ....don't really hear a structure with this beat...arrangement is not there...experimental flip...it sounds like patterns put together randomly.. im feelin those drums though..work on that track right there...

Arkitekt - I was falling asleep to this...real melow...nothin to hot but good...

Spanish. That flip is dope, I like the use of the vocal samples, and the drums hit hard, great flip.
ps I dont use VST's at the moment, I just equed the hell out of each track. Its all reason factory soundbank except for the sample of course. The bass could possibly be from the bass legends refill, Im not sure unless I open the reason file, but I cant be asked right now.

Arkitekt. You have your name spelled correctly on your massive sig pic, but Im sure Im still one of those guilty of spelling your name wrong. Personally I blame the drug use. Thats my excuse anyway.
Its a pretty basic flip this one, Im not really feeling the snare, its a bit too high freq for my tastes. Once the pella drops it sounds like a Wu track even tho its not.
I know without a dount that Rza used this track for one or maybe even a few of the Wu tracks. I originally got the sample from the Shaolin Soul collection. And I recognize some of the chops, I even use a couple in my flip.

Schizo. Some of the transitions are a bit too extreme, there is no real continuity. It never gets a chance to just vybe into a loop. Its a pretty hard track to listen to, its got more of a "few beats thrown together as a sampler mp3" feel.
I think the first beat drop after the small intro should be looped up and used more consistently. That small section sounds pretty dope.

Gene Flo

"Current Events" OUT NOW! www.TheVerbalImage.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
Spanish. That flip is dope, I like the use of the vocal samples, and the drums hit hard, great flip.
ps I dont use VST's at the moment, I just equed the hell out of each track. Its all reason factory soundbank except for the sample of course. The bass could possibly be from the bass legends refill, Im not sure unless I open the reason file, but I cant be asked right now.

ahh shit reason... word...yea im still rockin out to FL Studio my baby girl..!

Status
Not open for further replies.