Week of July 3, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Another flip, if you post a flip review others tracks, thanks...................

I was gonna post this gloria gaynor sample this week but for some reason soundclick will not let me upload the track, so...............if anyone wants to post a sample this week until i get this figured out, that would be great, thanks!!!! if not i'll try to get something up hopefully later

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I am at my girl's place right now so, I can't flip this one until later tonight or tomorrow, but I am definitely going to hit this one right in the mouth. Good flips so far.

DrOscillator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
haha just checked out the song up for flipping- great song! we had to play that for my guitar class back in high school, think its called "classical gas" (?). i'm gonna get to work flipping this later tonight

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
boneidle that flip you did was different, I would have taken the chopped up part and possibly smoothed it out but hey thats your Stizzo I cant knock what you do dawg, good joint.

2good that joint was tight and effective, I mean this joint is different, I like how you put that bassline in there it goes to a nice change, I like how you pulled it off...nice

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
2good said:
Shit BigD that beat is burning me. Thats some hot shit right there. The cuts are on point.
I been tightening my chops up, but I really never been one to take a loop for what it is and just throw some drums on it and call it work, I like to completely re-arrange my samples composed in my order...thats just me.

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
damn thats a cool sample. i know what song this is ! hashah!

ima have to chop this one a million ways from sunday though, not a fan of looped acoustic guitar.

cmon lets get this flippin thing going fast again.

bondiel: good flip man, those chops are mad nice. you got some weird ass sounds in there though, lol i was pleasantly surprised. way to take it in your own direction.

big d: this is sick. chops are nice. a couple of the chops seem a little out of place, kinda jolting, but its cool. especially the beginning. drums are nice.

just thought id throw this in too.
babyblink.gif

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Emeezy said:
i got one, hope you have fun with this, there are alot of possibilities with this track

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=349065&songID=4145621

good looks emeezy on posting that sample, my soundclick was fucked up! and it is a tight sample too!

reviews...................

boneidle: damn! this track is tight man, i love the chops and the drums are def knockin, and that little breakdown you put in there is sick. i also like the sound effects u dropped in there, all around good flip man, had my head noddin the whole time.....

2good: aight i am kind of feelin this man, the chops are nice and i like the reverse on certain sections, ohhhhhhhhhhh, the main beat just kicked in with the bells, this is dope man, i like the composition over it, adds a nice touch, good flip man, i liked it......

bigd: wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this joint is straight fire kid! i am loving those chops a lot, it flows very smooth, those horns are so serious, they go good with the guitar sample, and your drums are def knockin, very nice flip d, shit was tight!

djrekonize: damn! aight kid i am feelin this, very mellow fell too it, could be used as an r&b track or even a hip hop track, i could see some dope rapper killin this beat, very nice man, had my face scrunched up, bobbin my head, so def nice flip man!

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Grafik-Guitar Funk is HOt dude, I am feeling what you did with it, and took that one lil piece and worked with it, the track is real hot I cant think of an emcee that wouldn't have a verse for it either...good work!

DJ Rekognize- You also seem to have took that small piece of the sample and worked it into nice piece, nice original flip too.

bigdmakintrax said:
I been tightening my chops up, but I really never been one to take a loop for what it is and just throw some drums on it and call it work, I like to completely re-arrange my samples composed in my order...thats just me.
I can hear that, its a bit like cheating when you dont change the sample. I wasnt really into sampling fullstop till becoming a member of Illmuzik. You do a good job of rearranging a sample without making it sound choppy. Credit where its due man, that beat is really something. Sort of like composed but with samples , not instruments.

Grafik - That is a seriously clever flip. Very subtle on the changes. You really make the most of the small sample. I like the way the beat drops out, and the subtle strings. This really is an mc tune. It reminds me of something, but I dont know what. Good story telling beat.

dj Rekonize - I like this flip. I like your choice of samples and I like the way you added the strings. Id like to hear a longer version tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.