Week of June 18, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah I'm prolly gonna have a go at this. Should be interesting in the end.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Heres a little something I came up with from it.
"Sampleflip June 18th 07" Use link below.

Pretty good job! IMO that was a hard sample to flip. It wasn't really drum oriented. U did a lil something with it though...I chop'd it up and really couldn't get a good feel for it.

BlazedOut

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i gotta say both the flips posted up here are sick as im finding it hard to get a rhythm to this sample , well done people

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
2good - i liked how you chopped the samples, but sometimes it would swerve off beat but the sample that was given was a pain in the ass! nicely done though, i love how you kept it stereo too, the violin / guitar in the left and right ear was sweet

INSANE - LOL this was borderline experimental with the drums, but i thought you KILLED IT! loving the phasing done at parts, the drums are all over the place but it's still a fun listen

low g- i like how you laid it out, the bass is dirty, nice drum rolls too

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Well LikeMusic I aint like really feeling it , its lacking other ghost elements in there and the drums need to be mixed in proper...
Additonally I like the offbeat thing with it , but its just Soooo simple in the construction there is not much to play off of...
You can do better just go back and add MORE and keep it rollin and it will be better

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Well LikeMusic I aint like really feeling it , its lacking other ghost elements in there and the drums need to be mixed in proper...
Additonally I like the offbeat thing with it , but its just Soooo simple in the construction there is not much to play off of...
You can do better just go back and add MORE and keep it rollin and it will be better

Thanks for the honest feedback.

I've listened to it with your comments in mind and you're exactly right.

In mixing the drums, are they too loud? I expected my mixes to sound like shit because I only got my laptop's speakers right now.

By ghost elements, are you referring to more percussion?

Thanks again.

Daikomo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
LikeMUSIK.. You deceived me dog.. I was sound juciy at first then the drums and the other sequence kicked and it was lost dude...

Status
Not open for further replies.