Week of June 26, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
^Disco Infinite! LMAO - That's hella funny, bro. No problem though. HAHAHA!

dj360_iNfInItE1

ill o.g.
DrOscillator - Very creative I have to admit. I really don't know what to say. Not actually my cup of tea but I don't hear anything techniccally wrong with it. Nice creative flip.

2Good - I like the smooth flow of the track. This is a really laid back track and I like how you flipped it. Keep bangin'.

bigdmakintrax - The first one has a phat ass beat but the sample is a bit too low. If you turn up the level of the sample then you will have something special in my opinion. The second one has the same problem with the levels. I don't like this one as well as the first one. It's kind of disjointed and too choppy sounding. It doesn't flow like the first one does.

trinidad - I like this. Good job with the drums especially. they match up real well with how you flipped it. I can hear someone flowin over this maybe Mos Def, Talib Kweli or Common. Nice track, homie.

ColossusBeatfix - This is cool. You should have added more of the bassline you had goin on it for a little bit. That sounded sick with the bassline in it. Overall good track though.

KEV31 - Nice and straight forward. Nothing fancy with this at all and I think that is why I like it so much. I love how you arranged the singing in it. You didn't do a lot of choppin but I thought it was pretty cool. The only thing I wish is that you would have turned up the highs on the whole track. It sounded kinda muffled. Good track though.

boneidle - Really cool idea but the samples don't match up too well with the drums when you are playing a sustained loop from the sample. The chops are cool though. This is a creative track and I like the main beat of it a lot. I would just try to get the singing part better matched up with the beat if you can.

This is fantastic. All of you are talented! Good work, fam!

shotgun

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
trinidad said:
jus a loop probably do more to it tommarr let me know wats up
help me loop
lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4117097&q=lo
hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4117097&q=hi

damn i wish i listened to all these before makin mine cause i mine sounds alot like yours....

but fuck it ill post it cause im proud of it

Its not only my first Sample Flippage here its also my 3rd remix...The accapella is from my boy Ser Mad, it was originally to The Game - Dreams but i put a jazz and a deeper twist to it

www.soundclick.com/seven6fivebeats

ill look at the rest tommorrow

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Daikomo said:
Colossus i really like yours homes...
everyone else good flips

thanks man.

disco inferno said:
ColossusBeatfix - This is cool. You should have added more of the bassline you had goin on it for a little bit. That sounded sick with the bassline in it. Overall good track though.

yea. the truth is, my basslines are one of my weakest areas of making beats. i was messing around with the bass for a while, and then i just got bored and posted it up. thats why the second half of my loop has absolutely no bass in it. lazy me.

dj360_iNfInItE1

ill o.g.
^ disco inferno....LMAO - You are sick with that shit. :)

DrOscillator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
2Good- Smooth piano's, got a nice R+Bish feel

bigdmakintraks- 1- nice, a bit hard to hear the sample tho
2- sounds a bit too random, especially how the drums drop in and out

trinidad- hot beat, i like the way you used the short vocal clip kinda like a hit at the beginning

colossusBeatfix- nice and smooth, made the vocals sound real pretty

kev31- i agree w/ disco_inferno (haha), sounds kinda muffled, but still good composition

boneidle- i like how you went the opposite route and pitched the voice down instead of up. you flipped that piano solo real nicely too, props.

shotgun- good move throwing the accapella on it. very smooth, really well mixed too, you can hear all the elements really seperately and clearly

and finally, here's my submission- tell me what you think:
Keep Your Head
lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4130047&q=lo
hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4130047&q=hi

peace,

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
DrOscillator - Ill Jazz: This was dope and very creative. Kool Keith type beat. Great sounds.

boneidle - Whoa! This is hot. Yeah the pitch change-up is crazy! Good job man.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
What up ya'll. I had this beat done on tuesday but planned on adding a lot more to it. Never did though, so i'm just posting what I got. I think there is too much goin on in it but eh.

hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4132827&q=hi

On to the reviews!!

DrOscillator
Wow dude. Crazy!! The song wasn't so much coherent in direction, but i gotta say i'm amazed at the crazy directions and vibes you got out of this. Good job on comming in a way no one else would have thought of.

2good
This was nice, I could see this being an R&B song easily. Drums have that new age stutter, which works I think.

Bigmakintrax
This was cool, I liked how you went for the non-obvious parts of the song to make your own melodies.

Trinidad
Hella smooth man. Cuts are on point, drums sound pretty good too. I think this is the beat I imagined in my head my when I first heard the sample.

Colussus
This was tight bro, I liked the vocal parts you chose to go with. Song is smooth and sounds good.

Kev31
this is sick as hell. I love the filterstuff goin on. Well, i DID like it now it kinda seems a lil dull without the high end, but I still liked the parts you flipped.

dj360_iNfInItE1
What was the voice saying? I couldnt figure it out lol, but it sounded good though. I like how you chopped this up though, everything works perfectly. Drums sounded good too. I dont think the drums are low necissarily, but more so the sample itself may be too high. The change up is ill as fuck! I'm feelin that.

boneidle
The intro part didnt sound that good. Once it breaks into its main thing its not bad at all, actually has a sick vibe. The breakdown isn't bad either, just that intro throws things off. Cool flip though, i like how you added your own bassline.

shotgun
This is sick, the beat itself is on point. Sounds really nice. As for the remix, I think the vocals could have been louder or more defined. That's only nitpickin though, im feelin this for sure.

Ruimixx
You had some crazy sounds/directions in this for sure. It was like smooth but rough and crazy at the same time. Although i can hear the direction and it sounds liek it works, everything as a whole didnt grab my attention in any special way. Cool flip though, you can hear how much time you put into it.

Hit me up if I missed you!!

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I've been busy, finally got a chance to sit my ass down and flip this shit. It's mad basic and unpolished. www.soundclick.com/knoxraw. Sample flip 621. I will post reviews before I go to bed tonight. Enjoy.

Reviews:

2good : This is alright. Got a crazy R&B feel to it. I like it. Nice picks on the chops you used. Good work.

BigD : I'm feeling that first one you got. It's put together real nice. That second joint was kinda off to me though. Good job though.

Trinadad: IMO you got the hotteset joint on here. Tight flip and the drums hit hard as hell. Good Job! K.I.M.

Colosus : Pretty dope. I like how simple you made it. Shit's gansta. Good Work!

Kev : It's hot but, It's too low. It' got the feeling of the OG. Good shit though.

360 : This is ok. I wasn't really feeling the beginning of the track but, the rest is good. Chops are on point. Good Work fam.

Boneidle : this was ok but, kinda off. I realley couldn't see anybody rhyming over it. Sort of like a interlude track. It's alright though. I really like the bassline on this. Good Shit homey.

DrOsc : I like how creative this is. Shit has an ambiance. Crazy how you heard this sample this way are you A.D.D.(lol!!!!)? Ill shit Fam!

Ruimixx : This had a S&C feel to it. I felt like I was high listening to this. It's tight but, your chops are kinda spaced. Keep it up fam.

5TH : I really like the drums and the bassline. The sample was too manipulated in my opinion but, the shit worked for the track. Good shit Fam!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
ColossusBeatfix said:
aight, i took this a pretty predictable direction, didnt do that much with it, but ima post it anyway in the interest of continuing these threads.

www.soundclick.com/trunkthumpaz

'Ghetto children'
i think its like the 5th one down or so.
LIKe the way the tags are on there, nice beat !!! Thats hot dog!

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Appreciate the feedback 5th and Knox, yeah, I didn't have much time this go around, but I HATE not getting a flip in each week. LOL!

Sorry if I didn't review your song, but my schedule has been ugly last week.

Stay up Ill Fam.

Status
Not open for further replies.