Week of March 13, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
here is mine. its called 'jumpstart'.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6371078&q=hi

skidflow- i can't really see an emcee on this but i like it. its nice and chill.

wizard- this is dope. bass sounds good and i like the way you used them strings. its got an east coast flavor for sure

schizo- i'm getting a weird vibe from this one..which isn't a bad thing. i like some of the changeups you added.

mercury - this shit is insane. so naturally i like it.

graffik- couldn't get your link to work

kontents- i like the laid back feel to this one. everything sounds nice and clear. wouldn't hurt to add some changeups to the drums.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
here is mine. its called 'jumpstart'.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6371078&q=hi

skidflow- i can't really see an emcee on this but i like it. its nice and chill.

wizard- this is dope. bass sounds good and i like the way you used them strings. its got an east coast flavor for sure

schizo- i'm getting a weird vibe from this one..which isn't a bad thing. i like some of the changeups you added.

mercury - this shit is insane. so naturally i like it.

graffik- couldn't get your link to work

kontents- i like the laid back feel to this one. everything sounds nice and clear. wouldn't hurt to add some changeups to the drums.

mournin: its aight, i think the sample is too overpowering and the drums sound a little stop, start to me(very choppy) it doesn't have a nice flow to it, i would lower the sample volume and add some different drums personally, its a cool beat, nice work...

My Flip:
"Take a pull "
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=402999

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
kontents(rework): this defintiely sounds better. i still want bigger drums!! lol. but thats me

grafik: this is rugged. i can hear an emcee ripping this. i just don't like the hihat pattern.

mournin: this is crazy big! i like this. it needs something to tie the drums and the sample together though. a nice bassline.

krysolite

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
FIRST my apologies for not replying to the showcase a couple weeks ago or something like. it got closed before my chance to reply. so heres a detailed report. yeSSIR. ill be posting a beat later.

skid flow. i like this. but maybe too much reverb on that sample imo. keeps changing it up. good flip

kontents. i think this sounds kinda too cluttered and muddy imo. maybe you rushed it.

wizard. i like this as well but maybe you could have brought up that sample a bit in the mid freqs (butttt im not too sure the snare suits the beat. sounds good when it goes into the bass break tho.) wait i listened to it on your myspace and for some reason it sounds better........... nvm good job.

SCHIZO. THIS IS CRAZY hahahahaaa. shittttt some classic mobb deep shit. haha. sell it to havoc. best drums to suit your samples so far.

mercury. toooo abstract for my tastes. well maybe its the synth that comes in with the drum hits. also maybe its the quality of the sample or the quality of the editing but it makes it sound kinda cheesyy. no offense. IMO.

wizard 2. NICEEEE. but when the sample stops, it sounds empty. maybe u could have put some sounds where the sample stops, like loop a half beat of the sample so its not so abrupt. this one much better i think.

grafik. na work.

JEEZ i gota go eat. just got back from school. PEACE.

Gene Flo

"Current Events" OUT NOW! www.TheVerbalImage.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
SkidFlow - That flip was cool...didn't really catch my ear off the bat...wasn't feelin the delay...drums were good...

Kontents - This is cool too...I like the chop selection...Drums were grimey but stiff...put some swag in your drums...

Wizard - DOPE!...this is raw...this definatly could use more change ups...the overall concept is cool though.....

Schizo-Manic - this is eerie. shit sounds like some movie shit...haha...don't really see any MC on it...

Mercury Waters - Ugh Ugh Ugh Ugh.... crazy innovative...like the little synth work panned to the left...The drums are undescribable...sounds almost CONTRA ish... haha

Grafik - This is old school feelin...the drums to mean sounds too stiff...A change up on the chops would have been good to hear too...

MourninDaKnight - This was a little too slow for me...not really my cup of gin...

SoChi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
kontents - nice. sounds sorta like 2000's dr dre sound
grafik - u transformed it into an old school ny, boom bap feel. i like it
skidflow - i'm impressed with the way you transformed the tones of the sample, sounds like a track an mc could get on and do a storytellin type track

Those are all I've listened to so far. I'm tryin to do one myself.

Schizo-Manic

b33lz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
the drum pattern is dope for an emcee to spit over it doesn't sound complete though its a cool lil flip

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online