Week of November 18, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
y'all can't get with the hop? i be on my own shit. lol.

yes u do! I give u that. At least u could catch a vibe and do something with it. I chop'd it up and couldn't do shhhh with it. I think I'm passing on this one.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I agree with LDB in that this was a tough one to flip, I just played around with it until I got something decent out of it, definately not my best but I had fun with it. I'm sure somebody will drop a bomb with it, anybody could if you just have the time to really tear it apart and freak it like we do round here.

Merc, yours had that bounce to it fo sho. It reminded me of the club days when I would mix a slow song with a real fast Luke Skywalker beat behind it. I think you are coming orignal tho, I like that the most. It aint a generic Pete Rock vibe like alot cats (including myself) go after. So keep droppin em.

MOF

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm gonna sit this one out. Merc, Dac, 2good I gotta hand it to you for giving it a go that's a tough sample to flip.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Ok Im unofficially making a new rule...STOP being lazy and upload your ish to soundclick or some other music host so I dont have to download your beats. I know I speak for the millions and millions when I say I HATE THAT ISH!....lol.

2good it wont let me hear yours.

Merc you freaked the ish outta that. Thats the best freak of that sample that I've heard so far. Got me wondering if its the same sample...lol...thats a compliment, its tight bro!

MOF

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
Ok Im unofficially making a new rule...STOP being lazy and upload your ish to soundclick or some other music host so I dont have to download your beats. I know I speak for the millions and millions when I say I HATE THAT ISH!....lol.

2good it wont let me hear yours.

Merc you freaked the ish outta that. The best freak on that sample that I've heard so far.

MOF

sorry for the downloads but i got my own webspace so i wouldn't have to deal with soundclick's (and like sites)BS. it actually takes more to effort to use my own space rather soundclick, so its not a matter of being lazy. plus i use firefox as my web browser and it will play downloadable mp3's right in the browser as quickly as soundclick does. step up to the future in web browsing my friend.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Okay =), (pssst Ive had Mozilla for a hot minute now but didnt know thats how you did it, anyway I use Firefox on things and IE on others, ILL happens to be an IE deal but my bad, and the being lazy was just some (kind) sarcasm, sorry if it offended you.)

MOF

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
reviews so far:

dac: i love the drums. the beat actually sounds like you threw the sample on top of something that was already put together though. the sample and the rest of the elements don't mesh that well. i'd like to hear this beat with a different sample. it could be killer.

2good: not really liking this at all. sorry. wait a minute. the 2nd sequence is hot! is the piano from the sample or an added sound? not feeling the snare sound overall though.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
I agree 200% merc, I did make the beat with the sample, however I just threw them together. I really don't spend any time on these joints, I just don't have it with all the other real life projects going on but as a music lover, I really get a kick out of doing the Sample Flips. Its just fun taking some off the wall sample and making something out of it. On an avg. it seriously takes me up to a month or 2 to lay down something tight. This is really good practice in that you only have a short period of time to do it plus I don't have much of a choice other than throwing something out there real fast. I'm currently involved in two very serious projects, you'll definately hear the difference when they drop. Good looking on the review, I really appreciate it.

MOF

Status
Not open for further replies.