Week of November 18, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
no doubt Ice, one day i may get lucky and hit the nail on the head on the first try....lol. I just have fun with it, I wish we could do 2 per week, ofcorse all my ish will lack the time needed but fug it Im having fun with it and thats what counts the most in my book.

Ice your beat was hot I love the fullness of it, you nailed that. Your beat is by far the clearest and cleanest sound. Only one complaint, y'all are killing me with the m3u files. After opening yours up on Firefox, I discovered that it still downloads, it just does it in a temporary folder....geeesh! Anyway your beat was slamming IMO, great job!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Preferably not, I just prefer to click it and hear it, I guess I'm the lazy one...lol. Anyways its up to me to do it or not, I can work with you guys. Im not that hard to get along with in general.

MOF

Preferably not, I just prefer to click it and hear it, I guess I'm the lazy one...lol. Anyways its up to me to do it or not, I can work with you guys. Im not that hard to get along with in general.

MOF
There is no difference to playing an m3u than there is playing thru soundclick, its just the player is different, both methods stream temp files to yours, there is no getting away from it.

feedback.

merc. 1st version. This makes me think what would happen if you crossed outkast with madlib. Yeah you hit the nail on the head there. Definitly different.
2nd version, This is much nicer, the change of drums makes all the difference. This is pretty dope now.
reviews so far:

2good: not really liking this at all. sorry. wait a minute. the 2nd sequence is hot! is the piano from the sample or an added sound? not feeling the snare sound overall though.

I played the piano for the second sequence, its a reason factory patch. With sampled piano stabs underneath that.
As for the snare, I always seem to end up with the same sounding snare, I have to work on that. Its a layering thing im sure, lol

dac. I like the drum pattern is very military sounding, ive never been able to do that yet. But the snare doesnt sound right, it sounds overly drum machine if you know what I mean. Maybe change the drum samples or something, apart from the drums, I do like the way you have put the track together and the use of paino samples. The way the bassline comes in is a good touch, minimalistic.
As for the m3u's sorry but thats a result of having a VIP account at Ill and being able to host beats from Ill, dont blame me, blame fade for allowing it to be that way.

Iceman. This sounds almost like classical music to me, classical music with a beat. I love the vinyl clicks in there. Could easily be in a film soundtrack. It has a happy feel to it. Id like to hear a prominent bassline, but I just like basslines so thats a taste thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online