Week of October 31, 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vell

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Sample

Never sampled befor i was wondering if there was a certian length of the sample that can be used. Also how heavy is the sample suppose to be, heatmakers type stuff or very light? Do the sample have to sound like the orginal song cuz for some reason i fell like making a crunk song out of it.

Emeezy

Etrack Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
Vell said:
Never sampled befor i was wondering if there was a certian length of the sample that can be used. Also how heavy is the sample suppose to be, heatmakers type stuff or very light? Do the sample have to sound like the orginal song cuz for some reason i fell like making a crunk song out of it.

thats the beauty man, it can be whatever you want, if it sounds good to you, go for it. there are no limits with what you do, if you wanna stay true to the artist you are sampling, then keep the sample sounding the same, if you wanna make it your own, then chop the hell out of that thing and pitch the hell out of, play it backwards, you can do anything you want. good luck

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Emeezy said:
nice track man, i like how you kept it simple, true to kenny R. with a little fine tuning that could be a bad ass track

Thanks man, yeah it definitely needs a bit more work.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Just saw the thread... I'll try to make something out of that sample later this week!!!

shortt knowtice

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
hell yea yo that shit sounds ill im down to get in on that. i like hearin other producers flip the same sample difrently . what song are u gona sample from

yo some of these flipped versions of that sample are ill and since im new at samplin its makin me think theres waay more to it than i kno so anybody that got a few tips on choppin let me know

L. Soul

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Man, that guitar sample is killin me. I've tried it a few times and I just cannot stand it at all. I might try to go back to work on it tomrrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.